Women in the Word

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/03/2015 8:31 pm  #1

Week of October 4, 2015

Week of October 4, 2015
This Week’s Reading Assignment

The discussion thread is under Bible Study » Acts.
S.O.A.K. any verse of your choosing.

Don't forget to check the introduction on Mondays, going deeper links on Wednesday and the devotional on Friday at Good Morning Girls.

Monday
Good Morning Girls: Introduction to weekly reading
Reading: Acts 21
Verse of the Day: Acts 21:13
Then Paul answered, “What are you doing, weeping and breaking my heart? For I am ready not only to be imprisoned but even to die in Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus.”

Optional GMG Discussion Question:
Paul's heart and life were solely devoted to Christ. He did not fear a martyr's death. If faced with this being part of your future, how do you think you would respond?

Tuesday
Reading: Acts 22
Verse of the Day: Acts 22:16
And now why do you wait? Rise and be baptized and wash away your sins, calling on his name.

Optional GMG Discussion Question: Paul was not hesitant to give his testimony, even though his past was laden with sin. His life proves that God CAN and WILL use ANYONE who has a willing heart. Who can you share your
testimony with today? How has God used you in spite of your past?

Wednesday
Good Morning Girls: Links and thoughts to go deeper
Reading: Acts 23
Verse of the Day: Acts 23:11
The following night the Lord stood by him and said, “Take courage, for as you have testified to the facts about me in Jerusalem, so you must testify also in Rome.”

Optional GMG Discussion Question: God revealed that He was not yet finished with Paul and that he would give his testimony in Rome. When have you thought that God was finished with you, but He used you again?

Thursday
Reading: Acts 24
Verse of the Day: Acts 24:16
I always take pains to have a clear conscience toward both God and man.

Optional GMG Discussion Question: Felix heard Paul's case and found no reason to make a ruling, he even hoped that Paul would pay him off to be released. Instead he kept him bound just to satisfy the Jews. Have you been faced with unjust judgment in your life? If so, how did you respond?

Friday
Good Morning Girls: Devotional
Reading: Acts 25
Verse of the Day: Acts 25:11
I do not seek to escape death.

Optional GMG Discussion Question: Nothing brought against Paul could be proven, yet no ruler would let him go. How have you responded to untrue accusations that couldn't be proven in your life?

Board footera