Women in the Word

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/01/2014 7:45 pm  #1

Let's introduce oursleves.

I have been married almost 15 years.  We have no children.  We have recently moved across country to a more family friendly place.  Something that was heavy on my heart from the time I was engaged was the desire to take in foster kids who parental rights are terminated and eventually adopt them.  Since we have moved we feel we are finally in the position to move forward on this.  I am excited and terrified at the same time. 

My husband took early retirement and he is looking for part-time work.  I work 3 days a week from home at a job that can be stressful.  I also like to cook from scratch, including my own broth, seasoning blends, sauces, dressings, and even grinding my own meat.  I want to expand this by growing my own vegetables and starting to even make my own yogurt, pasta, and bread.  I am also making a few pieces of our furniture and refurbishing other pieces.  My husband and I also both volunteer once a week at a local elementary school.  All this coupled with adjusting to a new area, church, friends, and a new home with a badly overgrown yard that needs a lot of work has been keeping me pretty busy. 

I must say all this stress has been a strain on me personally and spiritually.  So, I really needed to refocus myself and take this as an opportunity to allow God to take me to a deeper level in my walk with him. We are being transformed from glory to glory (2 Corinthians 3:18).  Already just spending the last few days studying on the background of Esther and preparing for this study I feel so much more refocused on Christ and others.

Let's hear about you! 
Please share as much or as little as you are comfortable with.  What stage of life are you in, why did you want to do this Bible study, what are you looking to get out of it?

9/02/2014 2:18 pm  #2

Re: Let's introduce oursleves.

Let's see . . I am in my late 40's.  Married 30 years this year.  Have two grown daughters and two great sons-in-law.  Just had another grandson two weeks ago, and moved to a new house after living in limbo since we sold our previous house last Christmas.  I feel like I've lost my focus and need a group like this to be accountable to, to pray with, and learn from.

9/02/2014 2:22 pm  #3

Thanks for sharing Jamee.  It is hard to stay focused when moving.  It seems like it is so easy to just spend all our energy on the house search and move.  Welcome.

9/02/2014 2:50 pm  #4

Hi,
I hope it's ok I joined your group. This will be my first time doing any sort of bible study and I liked that it woud be more flexible. That was a little less intimidating for me. I just turned 29 and am in a transitional period of my life. I was just confrimed in May and want to really strengthen my relationship with God as well as my understanding of the Bible. I don't really know what else to say but look forward to this experience. Thanks!

9/02/2014 3:10 pm  #5

Hi,
I'm in my 50's, been married for 15 years. I also have two adult kids from my previous marriage. I am thrilled to join the bible study with all of you. Thanks.

9/02/2014 3:30 pm  #6

Megsie wrote:

Hi,
I hope it's ok I joined your group. This will be my first time doing any sort of bible study and I liked that it woud be more flexible. That was a little less intimidating for me. I just turned 29 and am in a transitional period of my life. I was just confrimed in May and want to really strengthen my relationship with God as well as my understanding of the Bible. I don't really know what else to say but look forward to this experience. Thanks!

Of course it is OK, you are very welcomed here.  Since it is your first time doing a bible study, please note that I have posted a link to GoodMorningGirls post on 9 Ways to Study the Bible .  GMG also has a post of the SOAP method.  They have a workbookyou can use for the SOAP method if you would like.  I don't use the workbook, I just note the main points in my mind and reference them as I type my responses.

Since GoodMorningGirls will only post on Wednesday and Friday, I will try to post an introduction on each book of the Bible before we start.  The post will be int eh Bible Study section and it is hopefully layout the theme of the book and its purpose and background.  I hope this helps.

You are at a great time of life.  There is so much ahead of you and so many ways for God to use you.  It is great that you have a heart and hunger to know more about Him.

9/02/2014 3:31 pm  #7

APM wrote:

Hi,
I'm in my 50's, been married for 15 years. I also have two adult kids from my previous marriage. I am thrilled to join the bible study with all of you. Thanks.

Welcome, we are excited to be studying the Word with you.

9/03/2014 10:43 am  #8

I am single and took care of my mother  for 14 years til she passed away last year. I am anxious to  learn more  depth about the bible.  My mom and I were sunday school teachers for many years.  When teaching children, you don't get much depth. I also never read through the entire bible before which I am looking forward too. 

9/03/2014 2:31 pm  #9

I am in my 40s. I've been married for 16 years.  My dh (dear husband) and I have 4 children.  I am looking forward to being a part of this Bible study.  I have been very active in my church for the last 5 or more years.  This year my dh and I are deciding to take a break and really focus on our marriage.  We need to really be alert and listening to what God has to say and where He wants to take us.  

9/04/2014 1:32 am  #10

Hi ladies! I'm 28, single and doing my thug thizzle out here in L.A. jk jk...I haven't been in the word as much as I should be in the past couple of years and have been heavily focused on my career and traveling.  After a recent break up, I'm ready to dig in!

It's been a while since I've read Esther. I'm excited to get into it again!

Cheers, all! x

Board footera