Women in the Word

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/23/2014 7:09 am  #1

2 John

2 John

I see in this book a repeat of the theme that love is walking in God’s commandments.

Also, that we should be careful and not lend support or credibility to those who do not teach the truth of scripture.

We should clearly speak the truth and make distinctions where people are moving away from the foundational beliefs of scripture.  However, we should have unity in those things that are non- essential. 

9/23/2014 8:09 am  #2

Re: 2 John

Also, Courtney's post from Friday does a great job of summarizing 1 John. Make sure you stop to view it.
Greater Is He That Is In You {1 John 1-5}

9/24/2014 1:23 pm  #3

2 John

10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take them into your house or welcome them. 11 Anyone who welcomes them shares in their wicked work.

Observation: do not take them into your house or welcome them. Do not share their wicked work.

Application: While we are studying the word, learning the word, practicing the word and getting closer to God every day, we need to mindful of the company we keep.  If we surround ourselves with those that are not studying, learning, practicing and getting closer, we may find that we start to pick up their habits. This reminds me of a story about a guy that did not eat hotdogs but he hung out with his buddy that sold hotdogs at his stand every day. After hanging out a few weeks, he said man, let me go ahead and taste one of those hotdogs.  Although it does not always happen,  the majority of the time, we pick up the habits of the people we are around if we are not careful. I need to be very careful of the people I surround myself with and the people I welcome in my house. While it may not be intentionally, it still can happen.

Lord, help me be mindful of my surroundings, mindful of the TV shows I watch, mindful of the people I entertain. Continue to guide me and teach me to walk according to your will.  Amen!

9/25/2014 7:11 am  #4

So true, NLWnMD, when we are around people who are passionate about things of Lord is directs our focus on things of the Lord and keeps our passion ignited. Thanks for that thought.

Board footera