Women in the Word

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/26/2014 12:10 pm  #1

Praise Report

So, I have been trying to be mindful during the day of God.   Yesterday, I was tempted to get impatient again with something that was unprofessional, inefficient, and where it seemed the person just was not qualified to be coordinating something.  But I caught myself and instead looked at the situation with grace and realized that they are just doing the best they can and perhaps they just don't have that much experience, but I can choose to be kind in my response. 

So, I just nicely pointed out and presented it from the angle that it was difficult for me and I was not sure how to respond given the lack of organization and the missing information.  I got a really nice response telling me they were sorry and were trying to get it properly resolved, etc. 

So, it is a nice and positive working experience between us instead of me being critical and introducing negativity. 

For me, this is a praise report because I tend to act impulsively and impatiently especially with inefficiencies and ineptness.  I felt that this was the fruit of the time I have been spending in the Word of God softening my heart.  Yes, I know I won't suddenly be perfect in this area, but I can see God at work transforming me.  What a blessing. Praise God for His Word and for the work of the Holy Spirit.

9/30/2014 8:05 pm  #2

Re: Praise Report

That's a huge accomplishment, so congratulations!
I worked in the corporate world myself for many years and can completely understand what a struggle that can be, at times! It can be very difficult to step back and realize that something that is so simplistic for you, may not be for others.
That's an amazing strength to possess! God bless!

10/03/2014 2:07 pm  #3

Re: Praise Report

TBG wrote:

So, I have been trying to be mindful during the day of God.   Yesterday, I was tempted to get impatient again with something that was unprofessional, inefficient, and where it seemed the person just was not qualified to be coordinating something.  But I caught myself and instead looked at the situation with grace and realized that they are just doing the best they can and perhaps they just don't have that much experience, but I can choose to be kind in my response. 

So, I just nicely pointed out and presented it from the angle that it was difficult for me and I was not sure how to respond given the lack of organization and the missing information.  I got a really nice response telling me they were sorry and were trying to get it properly resolved, etc. 

So, it is a nice and positive working experience between us instead of me being critical and introducing negativity. 

For me, this is a praise report because I tend to act impulsively and impatiently especially with inefficiencies and ineptness.  I felt that this was the fruit of the time I have been spending in the Word of God softening my heart.  Yes, I know I won't suddenly be perfect in this area, but I can see God at work transforming me.  What a blessing. Praise God for His Word and for the work of the Holy Spirit.

Lol.. That is so me.. And I am working on myself. it took me awhile but I now understand , we all have different unique special skill sets, we all are at different levels in our ability to comprehend and we all think different. So, people are not going to always do it our way, catch on as quick as some of us or may never really understand why organization saves time and produces a great end result.  Lord, it's a challenge some time but I am getting better.

Board footera