Women in the Word

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/03/2017 5:27 pm  #11

Re: Introductions for 2017

KimberlyP77 wrote:

Hi Everyone!  I'm Kimberly

I've done a few of the GMG studies but haven't completed them, this is my first time committing to a group, as I know I need to be held accountable.  I live in Wisconsin and have been married for 12 years however I've been separated from my husband for half of that time now, his choice however for me its been a blessing, It has gotten me closer to God and my family.  I was baptized as infant and this past summer on the day I should have been celebrating my 12th wedding anniversary, I chose to be baptized again as a believer this time my choice.  I have no children, however I sponsor several children through Compassion International and I'm very active in my church with Kids Ministry.

Welcome Kimberly.

It is so encouraging to me to see you holding fast to God and seeking Him while you are dealing with a very difficult situation. And how exciting when we make a decision to truly turn our lives over to Christ.

I was baptized as a child, but one old enough to understand the commitment. But I just got distracted by other goals in life and did not actively seek God or walk with Him. And how much joy when I realized that I needed to go one way or the other and decided to submit to God's Lordship and authority in my life and to serve Him wholeheartedly.

I am so glad you are joining us.

1/03/2017 7:05 pm  #12

Happy New Year to All!

I have done a few of the studies with GMG but never joined a group before so I'm very excited to join now! I have been married for 23 years, have two sons and live in California.  My desire is to grow in my knowledge of God's word so I can share it with others. Love, Delmy 

1/03/2017 7:12 pm  #13

I have a question for the Administrator of this group, How do I get in a "live" group? I live in Huntington Beach, CA. 

1/03/2017 8:11 pm  #14

delmyolivo wrote:

I have a question for the Administrator of this group, How do I get in a "live" group? I live in Huntington Beach, CA. 

Your best bet for a live group is to go to open groups file and look for a Time Zone Group in your area.

Unfortunately, I just looked at it looks like they only have 2 - one for North Carolina and then the North in general.

I bet you the Good Morning Girls Facebook will have plenty of people posting live on PST. That Facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/GoodMorningGirlsWLW

Otherwise you may just need to reach out to some of the email and Facebook groups to see if any are on PST.

I am sorry. But meanwhile, you are welcome here.

1/03/2017 8:17 pm  #15

delmyolivo wrote:

Happy New Year to All!

I have done a few of the studies with GMG but never joined a group before so I'm very excited to join now! I have been married for 23 years, have two sons and live in California.  My desire is to grow in my knowledge of God's word so I can share it with others. Love, Delmy 

Welcome Delmyolivo!

I am glad you decided to join us. I love to get input and interaction from the other ladies. So, I am hoping for some good participation this session.

What a great heart to want to share with others. So many are hurting and lost. It can break your heart. And you are so right that we can be so much more confident when we know God's Word.

Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2:15

1/04/2017 10:11 am  #16

HI, everyone!
My name is Linda.  I am retired and live in northeast Tennessee. I have three grown children and three grandchildren. 
 I found GMG on Facebook a couple of months ago, started following it and found this group.I would love to have others to keep me accountable and  to study and share the Word of God.  I am very excited to start this journey with you all!!

1/04/2017 11:36 am  #17

TBG wrote:

delmyolivo wrote:

Your best bet for a live group is to go to open groups file and look for a Time Zone Group in your area.

Unfortunately, I just looked at it looks like they only have 2 - one for North Carolina and then the North in general.

I bet you the Good Morning Girls Facebook will have plenty of people posting live on PST. That Facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/GoodMorningGirlsWLW

Otherwise you may just need to reach out to some of the email and Facebook groups to see if any are on PST.

I am sorry. But meanwhile, you are welcome here.

It looks like they did just post a new Facebook Group that is on Mountain Time. That is a little bit closer to you and may work for you.  The link to that group is https://www.facebook.com/groups/1753022688267592/

Remember Facebook groups can fill up quickly so you might want to look at that soon if you are interested.

1/04/2017 11:40 am  #18

linda wrote:

HI, everyone!
My name is Linda.  I am retired and live in northeast Tennessee. I have three grown children and three grandchildren. 
 I found GMG on Facebook a couple of months ago, started following it and found this group.I would love to have others to keep me accountable and  to study and share the Word of God.  I am very excited to start this journey with you all!!

Welcome Linda!
So glad you are joining us.

1/04/2017 2:48 pm  #19

My name is Kathie, I am new to GMG studies and I am so looking forward to it!  I live in Georgia, I am retired so you would think I would have lots of time on my hands, however, now I wonder how I ever had time to go to work. My husband left me after 32 years of what I thought was a wonderful marriage. A bit of a blindside as I did not see it coming.  I have struggled with the usual problems/feelings that come from a failed marriage but God has taken me on such a deeper, personal walk with Him during the last 20 years that I would not trade one second of.   He gave me a verse the night my husband walked out. "Be Still and Know that I am God". 20 years later I can still say He is faithful and has met my every need. I want to continue to know Him and His Word so I am looking forward to this study in the book of Samuel!

1/04/2017 3:32 pm  #20

kathielee wrote:

My name is Kathie, I am new to GMG studies and I am so looking forward to it!  I live in Georgia, I am retired so you would think I would have lots of time on my hands, however, now I wonder how I ever had time to go to work. My husband left me after 32 years of what I thought was a wonderful marriage. A bit of a blindside as I did not see it coming.  I have struggled with the usual problems/feelings that come from a failed marriage but God has taken me on such a deeper, personal walk with Him during the last 20 years that I would not trade one second of.   He gave me a verse the night my husband walked out. "Be Still and Know that I am God". 20 years later I can still say He is faithful and has met my every need. I want to continue to know Him and His Word so I am looking forward to this study in the book of Samuel!

Welcome Kathie. I am glad you are joining us.

Regarding retirement and time. I have the same problem! I worked between 10-20 hours per week during various times in my marriage. Now that my husband has retired, I work sometimes 4-6 hours for my old company from home. And many weeks, I don't work any hours at all. However, I still feel like I don't have any time. How can that be LOL

Regarding your marriage, you can't control everything in your marriage and you certainly can't control another person, even if may have contributed to the problem, you cannot control their decision to not work things out and stay faithful. You can only control your decision to be faithful. And when you write that you would not change one minute of this trial because of the intimacy it has given you with God, that speaks to your faithfulness.

And it is such encouragement to others, such as me. When we see other people walking in faithfulness, intimacy and joy it encourages us in our trials or any that may come to walk the same way. And thank you for publicly giving God honor for His faithfulness.

Board footera