Women in the Word

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/04/2014 10:17 am  #21

Re: Genesis

Chapter 7 5 And Noah did all that the Lord commanded him.  Observation: Noah's age and the fact that he was being asked to perform hard labor as well as being locked up with several animals and some even unclean..... yet remained obedient. At Noah's age, I can imagine that it was very painful for Noah to build the ark. It does not indicate if Noah had help, I'm sure he may have; however, what's important is he  never complained and remained obedient. In addition, image being told you were going to be locked in an Ark with all kind of animals and some were unclean. He was obedient to God's command at all times. I need to listen for guidance in my daily walk from the Lord and be obedient to his command. Even when  I may not see the benefit, I need to still be obedient. I need to also realize that the benefit may not always be for me. As a servant,  the Lord could be using me to benefit someone else at that moment. Regardless of the benefit or the outcome, God knows what's best for me and I just need to be obedient and follow the guidance of my Lord.  Lord, I pray that I can be like Noah and do all that you ask me to do In Jesus Name. Amen!

10/06/2014 12:27 pm  #22

Scripture: "And the LORD was pleased with the aroma of the sacrifice and said to himself, “I will never again curse the ground because of the human race, even though everything they think or imagine is bent toward evil from childhood. I will never again destroy all living things." (‭Genesis‬ ‭8‬:‭21‬ NLT)

Application: it's wild that as a child you you start wanting to do wrong. I remember I liked To steal when I was in elementary school. When I saw something I wanted, I just took it.  But of course I learned better and stopped being a clepto, LOL

Prayer: God help us to be aware that human nature is not always good and we must strive and be in prayer to choose good, love and righteousness.

10/06/2014 1:01 pm  #23

Ladies, in case you did not see the update I posted an update at the beginning of this thread I am retyping it here.

Going to go two week per thread because of the small volume of participation
I have been reading, and trying my hand at some journaling after seeing Shar's post. But I just have not had a chance to retype my input here.

Also important video onGMG yesterday. About changing to 5 days a week instead of 7. She does not know when the change will occur, but perhaps sometime in November.

Last edited by TBG (10/06/2014 1:02 pm)

10/06/2014 6:58 pm  #24

Chapter 8

20 Then Noah built an altar to the Lord and, taking some of all the clean animals and cleanbirds, he sacrificed burnt offerings on it. 21 The Lord smelled the pleasing aroma and said in his heart: “Never again will I curse the ground because of humans, even though[a] every inclination of the human heart is evil from childhood. And never again will I destroy all living creatures, as I have done.

Observation:  he sacrificed burnt offerings.....

Noah is simply amazing. When he came out of the ark, he could have did anything he wanted to do. However, the first thing he did was built an alter to the Lord. Isn't that just amazing. I need to ensure that I am not being selfish with my time. I need to look at my daily schedule and ensure I am allowing for my God time, which needs to be quality time as well  (quiet time getting to now him better). I must take the time to praise and magnify his name on a daily basis expressing my thankfulness for all that he has done or will do for me.

10/06/2014 7:00 pm  #25

Chapter 9

20 Noah, a man of the soil, proceeded[a] to plant a vineyard. 21 When he drank some of its wine, he became drunk and lay uncovered inside his tent.

Since, Noah was drunk, I believe it was his first sin. The fact that Noah committed his first sin, not intentionally, demonstrates that we all make mistakes due to human weakness and imperfection. It also demonstrates that the best of man can make a mistake and sin.  While Noah had favor, he was not perfect.  The consequences of Noah’s sin were shame.

Thanks.

10/06/2014 7:01 pm  #26

TBG wrote:

Ladies, in case you did not see the update I posted an update at the beginning of this thread I am retyping it here.

Going to go two week per thread because of the small volume of participation
I have been reading, and trying my hand at some journaling after seeing Shar's post. But I just have not had a chance to retype my input here.

Also important video onGMG yesterday. About changing to 5 days a week instead of 7. She does not know when the change will occur, but perhaps sometime in November.

Ok thanks for the info. Hope all is well with everyone.

10/06/2014 7:02 pm  #27

itsjenniferrose wrote:

Scripture: "And the LORD was pleased with the aroma of the sacrifice and said to himself, “I will never again curse the ground because of the human race, even though everything they think or imagine is bent toward evil from childhood. I will never again destroy all living things." (‭Genesis‬ ‭8‬:‭21‬ NLT)

Application: it's wild that as a child you you start wanting to do wrong. I remember I liked To steal when I was in elementary school. When I saw something I wanted, I just took it.  But of course I learned better and stopped being a clepto, LOL

Prayer: God help us to be aware that human nature is not always good and we must strive and be in prayer to choose good, love and righteousness.

Lol at just takng what you want.

10/06/2014 7:43 pm  #28

Chapter 7

Scripture
Then, the Lord said to Noah, "Come into the ark, you and all your household, because I have seen that you are righteous before Me in this generation." (vs 1)

All the fountains of the great deep were broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened. vs 11
And the Lord shut him in (vs 16)

Application
I need to live righteous in this world - in this generation.
God protected and provided!

Good reminder for how we should be walking for surely we live in times as evil as those of Noah.

See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil.  Ephesians 5:15

Prayer
Lord, help me to be faithful to You, help me to live in ways that honor You and to have a righteous and pure heart, not just external behavior but a heart fully after You and fully committed to seeking and desiring Your kingdom and may I be continually focus on walking in Your Spirit. May I be Your light in this world and may I give up of myself to truly do Your work.

Last edited by TBG (10/06/2014 8:18 pm)

10/06/2014 8:01 pm  #29

NLWnMD wrote:

What’s in my heart? Am I intentionally sinning or only sinning through carelessness? I need to continuously work on my walk with God so that I am always moving towards walking like Noah with a pure and righteous heart. When I have bad or evil thoughts or a bad attitude, I need to quickly make the necessary adjustment to guard my heart and replace it with kindness and ways that are pleasing to God.

Is not that the struggle for believer's in North America at least. To have a heart fully after God when there is so much in the world that distracts. I always marveled when the Bible said of David that he "was a man after God's own heart." In spite of all the mistakes he made, yet his heart was fully given over to seeking after God. Wow. A lot to think about.

NLWnMD wrote:

Question: The 3rd verse, when the Lord said, your days are numbered, does that mean before he destroyed the world, he gave man 120 years to repent, clean up their act? Man did not, so the Lord moved forwarded with his plan.

3Then the Lord said, “My Spirit will not contend with[a] humans forever, for they are mortal; their days will be a hundred and twenty years.”

You know I have never been able to make sense of the first part of this chapter. I have seen presentations on it and have read commentary and there are different interpretations and I don't really know what to make of it.

Also, NLWnMD
Good observation on Chapter 7 of how hard and unpleasant that must have been. I also wonder, was it dark in the ark when that window was not open? I don't imagine they could have had any fire because of lack of ventilation, maybe a small candle perhaps. Yet, I complain if I have even short term inconveniences and get an attitude instead of being patient, long suffering, and forbearing

itsjenniferrose wrote:

That is the entire point right, that no matter how much people protest that they don't need Christ because of how good they are, the wrong and the truth is not in them, we all are born into sin. Excellent core theological truth there.

10/06/2014 8:11 pm  #30

Chapter 8

Then Noah built an altar to the Lord and took of every clean animal and of every clean bird, and offered burnt offerings on the altar.  And the Lord smelled a soothing aroma. vs 20-21

Is my life an offering to the Lord? Do I sacrifice for and to God? Or do I live for myself?  Am I living in a manner that is a sweet fragrance to Him?  Do I live in a way that bring God joy?  or do I grieve the Holy Spirit and take the cost sacrifice with which I was purchased lightly?  You know in a way, when we don't live for God we are stealing because as believers God did purchase us and for a very high price. So when we live for ourselves, we are stealing what belongs to God.

I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. (this is your true and proper worship NIV). NKJV Romans 12:1

And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice--the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him. NLT

Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe. Hebrews 12:28

Prayer
Lord, forgive me for my lack of faithfulness, and for my selfishness and for living for the pleasures and possession and accolades of this world.  Forgive me for not having a heart wholly for you and for not walking daily in a manner that is focused on Your kingdom and desiring to please You and be a sweet offering to You.  I love You Lord and desire for You to capture my whole heart.

Last edited by TBG (10/06/2014 8:49 pm)

Board footera