Women in the Word

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/01/2015 11:57 pm  #31

Re: Let's introduce oursleves.

jessicaevans wrote:

Hello! I am 26 and a stay at home wife. My husband and I recently moved from my home state to his home state. We have two dogs, Commodore and Lola and two cats, Ruban and Millie.

The move rocked my world as I left my family and friends and the place I have lived my whole life. It has been a very rough but very wonderful year. God had his hand in this for sure. I certainly have not had the best walk with God in my life but the move factored in with some other things brought me to my knees and I am saying yes Lord I will follow you!

I have never done an online Bible study and I read the GMG blog all the time so I thought I would try it out.

Be blessed!

Thanks for joining us, jessicaevans.

I love the GMG blog and Courtney so much.  I did my first GMG bible study November 2013.  I loved the interaction, but the email approach was not working for me.  When Courtney relaunched, I just thought I would go for it and create a discussion board group.

I recently moved coupled with my husband's retirement, so yes, a lot of life changes.  Hang in there.

1/01/2015 11:59 pm  #32

Loretta wrote:

G'day I'm from down under. I have been following Woman Living Well for a couple of years now. I have been in an email bible study group before but all those emails get hard to keep up with. So this place seems like a great idea for me. I have been a christian for almost 20 years, I have been hot and cold at different times. I am at a place now where I am sick of my flesh and want to surrender all to Him who has given me all. I am 37, married for 16 years my husband has a disability I am his carer I home school our 3 kids 2 who have Aspergers. I am looking forward to studying along with you all.

Welcome Loretta, glad to have you here.  It sounds like you have so much on your plate, I pray that you will have some sweet times of refreshing in God's Word.

1/02/2015 12:38 am  #33

Hello, my name is Teresa, I am 42 married to my best friend who is 70. We have 5 children, 3 are from my husbands previous marriage and grown, 2 from mine of which one is grown and one is still a teenager at home with us. I love my life, I love being a submissive wife after Gods heart. I am so excited to join this group and draw closer to God. I am coming out of, .... Well a lukewarm place in my life that I no longer want to live in. I want to dig deep in Gods word, and be on fire for God every day of the rest of my life. I have been raised in a Pentecost church all my life, of course walking away several times in my life. But now I realize I need my Lord every minute of every day and I know he is calling me to higher places to do his will.   (big-grin)

1/02/2015 11:13 am  #34

Hi, I am Renee', I am 48, married 13 years, we have a blended family of 6 children all grown and out of the house, 9 grandkids, 2 dogs and 2 cats. Now,  I am a stay at home grandmom to our 12 year old granddaughter who we have raised since birth. I stopped working 18 months ago due to some health issues that I have.   I have been a Christian for over 20 years but my walk with Christ has not been as strong as it should have down through the years.  I have been following GMG for several years now and was part of a FB group but I am trying to get away from so much social media.  For me it has just been too much of a distraction. 

I am so glad that I found this group as I am committing 2015 to go deeper in Christ.  

1/02/2015 11:13 am  #35

HI Ladies.
My name is Marnie and I am in my late 40's.  I live in Canada with my Dh and 3 kids. I am a homeschooling mom and we also foster kids. Currently we have a 9 month old sweetie with us.  This is after 12 years of having 5 foster kids plus our own.  That was a journey.

I am excited to,dive into God's Word with you all. I feel like I have developed ADD in my later years and I'm all over the place. I am sensing God is calling me to a more disciplined life and I want to know Him on arch deeper level.
His is so gracious that I know this will be a fruitful journey.

1/02/2015 8:00 pm  #36

I just turned 32, married for  almost 10 years and I have 3 boys. My Christian life has been like a roller coaster ride(sometimes I feel am taking the right steps and most times I feel I've missed my way) . I hope to find myself again in this group. Looking forward to learning and more especially being steadfast.

1/03/2015 4:11 am  #37

Hi Ladies. I feel a little hesitant to admit that I am 61 and therefore older than the rest of you, although I am young at heart and excited to be a part of your group.  I have walked with the Lord for almost 34 years and He is still not done with me, praise the Lord! I am married, and have 2 adult children who are married and I have 4 grandchildren - and they all live far away. I am currently not working because of taking a 2 yr break from employment for health related issues, my own, my daughter's who has fully recovered from breast cancer and my father who died about a year ago. Lord willing, I would like to return to employment some time this year.  This is the first time that I have ever participated in an online Bible forum. I have been participating with Good Morning Girls for about 1 year with a very small group of women through email. I hope I will be a good fit with all of you. 

1/03/2015 12:53 pm  #38

Hi Everyone, My name is Jen. I am in my early 50s, not married and have 2 wonderful children; my son who is 23 and my daughter who is 21. ...and of course my dog who is gradually breaking in this first time dog owner. I've never been in an online Bible Study. I'm excited about this one, with hopes to draw closer to God, meet new people and have that accountability. I'm looking forward to studying and learning with all of you.

1/04/2015 6:56 am  #39

Hi ladies, 

I am 32, married for 5 years, and have a precious 2 year old son. I had read about Good Morning Girls this past year, and as I was searching ideas for my morning devotional and prayer time this year, came across this site and group. I look forward to learning and sharing alongside you all and trust God will speak to us and teach us through his Word and this community. Thank you!

6/08/2015 3:52 pm  #40

Hi, I just joined the group and am so excited.  I am 39 have been married to my wonderful husband for 18 years this year. We have two very respectable teen boys. We live in a rural part of Virginia we have a mini farm/homestead. I teach preschool Sunday School so I've been out of my womens Sunday School class for a while now and I can't wait to get started on a bible study with woman, again.

Board footera