Women in the Word

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/02/2015 2:09 pm  #1

Song of Solomon

Week of August 3
This Week’s Reading Assignment

S.O.A.K. any verse of your choosing.
Don't forget to check the devotionals at Good Morning Girls Wednesday and Friday.

Monday
Reading: Song of Solomon 1
Optional GMG Discussion Question:
Both Solomon and his bride express their love for one another. Have you taken time to be completely honest with God regarding your true admiration for Him?

Tuesday
Reading: Song of Solomon 2
God desires a relationship with us and proclaims His love for us throughout His word! As you read God's word and discover the depth of His love for you, how does it change your relationship with Him?

Wednesday
Reading: Song of Solomon 3
Our love for God should cause us to desire to always seek Him and not let go. How do you ensure that you're diligently seeking God?

Thursday
Reading: Song of Solomon 4
Solomon expresses how much he admires his wife's beauty. How has God shown you how special you are to Him?

Friday
Reading: Song of Solomon 5
Beloved - dear to the heart; Friend - one who is attached to another by affection. Does your relationship with God resemble that of a beloved friend?

Memory Verse

Last edited by TBG (8/02/2015 6:24 pm)

8/03/2015 7:26 am  #2

Re: Song of Solomon

When I read chapter one what stood out to me was that she was intoxicated by the love of her husband. It made me think about how I should be intoxicated by my love for God. And, this will occur as I spend time at His feet reflecting on and admiring His goodness and His character through the reading of the Word and through prayer.

O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusts in him. (Psalm 34:8)

How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth! (Psalm 119:103)

Last edited by TBG (8/03/2015 7:27 am)

8/04/2015 7:21 am  #3

Song of Solomon 2

3 As an apple tree among the trees of the forest, so is my beloved among the young men. With great delight I sat in his shadow, and his fruit was sweet to my taste.

She admires her husband and is delighted and refreshed by him.

It is so easy to get busy, but I need to remember t take time and allow myself to delight in my husband and to be refreshed by each other.

Also, it reminds me about sitting in God’s presence, like the cool of a shade tree on a hot day and be refreshed by His word and enjoy the sweetness of His relationship, love and grace.

4 He brought me to the banqueting house, and his banner over me was love.

The banner was what went over an army to identify it.

Our identity is God. He has claimed us as His and has placed His banner over us as He leads us to the banqueting house He has set for us in eternity. He has claimed us as His and labeled us and His own.

8/05/2015 7:45 am  #4

Song of Solomon 3

She sought out her husband.

I need to still seek out my husband, to make an effort like when we courted.

Also, I need to seek God like this. Some people will do anything for someone they have fallen in love with. We need to be willing to do anything for God because we are in love with Him. I need to be willing to look high and low to spare no effort to draw close to God.

8/06/2015 9:38 am  #5

Song of Solomon 4 
She is identifying and calling out the beautiful things she appreciates.

We should think about, remember, and comment on the things we appreciate about our spouses. It is so easy to always focus on the areas of dissatisfaction. It is important to focus on and think about the many things we love and appreciate.

This is the same for God. We should think on, remember, and speak of God’s goodness, faithfulness, and majesty. We see many times how the Israelites were told to set up memorials so that they would remember what God had done for them.

4:7 You are altogether beautiful, my love; there is no flaw in you.
We should choose to see the best in our mates. I don't mean to not honestly address problems. I mean an overall attitude where we choose to see the best in our mates.

8/07/2015 10:43 am  #6

Song of Solomon 5

1 I came to my garden, my sister, my bride, I gathered my myrrh with my spice, I ate my honeycomb with my honey, I drank my wine with my milk. Eat, friends, drink, and be drunk with love!

4 My beloved put his hand to the latch, and my heart was thrilled within me.

God intends for romantic love to be pleasant; to feel good; to be intoxicating; even exhilarating

Verses 10-16
We should not think of other men more highly than we think of our husband.

8/09/2015 7:24 pm  #7

Week of August 10
This Week’s Reading Assignment

S.O.A.K. any verse of your choosing.
Don't forget to check the devotionals at Good Morning Girls Wednesday.

It’s our final week of our summer Bible Study.
After Wednesday, we are on break until Monday, September 7th when we will start the book of Acts.

Monday
Reading: Song of Solomon 6
The Shulamite says, "I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine." She is enraptured with love for him. Have you considered the depth of verse 3 and what it means to you? Have you ever been enraptured with love for Jesus?

Tuesday
Reading: Song of Solomon 7
In verse 11, the Shulamite calls her Beloved to get up early and go with her to the fields, villages, and vineyards. When is the last time you looked forward with eagerness to rise early and meet with Jesus?

Wednesday
Reading: Song of Solomon 8
In verse 6, the Shulamite says to the Beloved to set her as a seal on his heart and his arm. She wants to be completely committed to him, and for him to have complete ownership of her. In what way do you show your complete commitment to God and His complete ownership of you?

Memory Verse

8/10/2015 8:46 am  #8

Song of Solomon 6 

6:3 I am my beloved’s and my beloved is mine
I see oneness here

6:5 Turn away your eyes from me, for they overwhelm me
I see intensity here

6:9 My dove, my perfect one, is the only one, the only one of her mother, pure to her who bore her
I see exclusivity

It seems God wants romantic love to be pleasurable and to create these sensations in us. However, this type of love is only supposed to be a faint shadow to illustrate the union of Christ and the Church. Knowing this, I wonder what it will really be like when we have that perfect union with Christ in eternity.

Board footera