Women in the Word

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/31/2015 9:30 am  #1

Introduction

Hello!! 

I am Sandra.  I am (almost) 46, I am married and have 4 children, two daughters who are 24 and 22 and a daughter who is 18. She is in her first year of college and then I have a son, who is 11.  I work part time as an office administrator and I homeschool my son.  

I have been involved in the Good Morning Girls Bible Study since last September, but when I joined in, I had just missed the enrollment for groups, so I am just now able to join in on a group. I was really happy to find a non FB group to join in with.  My husband and I have made the decision to leave Facebook, provided that I could find a group online and didn't have to join one on FB. I will be returning to my first love of blogging, soon.

I am so excited to begin the new study on Acts next Monday.  

Looking forward to getting to know everyone. 

8/31/2015 5:56 pm  #2

Re: Introduction

SandraW wrote:

Hello!! 

I am Sandra.  I am (almost) 46, I am married and have 4 children, two daughters who are 24 and 22 and a daughter who is 18. She is in her first year of college and then I have a son, who is 11.  I work part time as an office administrator and I homeschool my son.  

I have been involved in the Good Morning Girls Bible Study since last September, but when I joined in, I had just missed the enrollment for groups, so I am just now able to join in on a group. I was really happy to find a non FB group to join in with.  My husband and I have made the decision to leave Facebook, provided that I could find a group online and didn't have to join one on FB. I will be returning to my first love of blogging, soon.

I am so excited to begin the new study on Acts next Monday.  

Looking forward to getting to know everyone. 

Welcome SandraW. It seems God always has a plan does it not! I look forward to reading your blogs. One of our other members writes really great blog posts as well.

8/31/2015 10:21 pm  #3

Greetings!  I am a stay at home mom in my late 30s with three sweet elementary school aged children, a wonderful husband and a quirky cat. I have been reading Courtney's Blog for two years now. I also enjoy Peak313.com with Clare and Karen Ehman's books and blogs.  I have gained so much from discovering these blogs..patience, knowledge, home making skills, marriage/ family tips, even recipes.  When parts of the Bible get confusing, Courtney puts them into such a great perspective.  Such a gift!  Looking forward to reading Acts with all of you!

9/01/2015 8:31 am  #4

Good morning!  My name is Jeannie and I am in my early 30s and single. I was a stepmom and I loved every minute of it, except when chores weren't done, but life doesn't always work the way you want it to. So I've relocated back to VA after a breakup and during that time I discovered GMG and did my first chapter with Proverbs.  Loved reading and learning more.  I currently work a lot and have a long commute. So I am doing this go around finally with a group. I joined the website version because like Sandra, I did not want to join FB. So I look forward to reading more, learning more, and conversing with you ladies.  I joined a group to keep me accountable. With the new job and commuting and life, I do want to be accountable and stay in God's word. Excited to read Acts with ya'll!

9/02/2015 9:24 am  #5

Momof3 wrote:

Greetings! I am a stay at home mom in my late 30s with three sweet elementary school aged children, a wonderful husband and a quirky cat. I have been reading Courtney's Blog for two years now. I also enjoy Peak313.com with Clare and Karen Ehman's books and blogs. I have gained so much from discovering these blogs..patience, knowledge, home making skills, marriage/ family tips, even recipes. When parts of the Bible get confusing, Courtney puts them into such a great perspective. Such a gift! Looking forward to reading Acts with all of you!

Thank you for joining us. I really appreciate Courtney's ministry as well. God is so using her. We are glad to have you here with us.

9/02/2015 9:27 am  #6

Jesglied wrote:

Good morning!  My name is Jeannie and I am in my early 30s and single. I was a stepmom and I loved every minute of it, except when chores weren't done, but life doesn't always work the way you want it to. So I've relocated back to VA after a breakup and during that time I discovered GMG and did my first chapter with Proverbs.  Loved reading and learning more.  I currently work a lot and have a long commute. So I am doing this go around finally with a group. I joined the website version because like Sandra, I did not want to join FB. So I look forward to reading more, learning more, and conversing with you ladies.  I joined a group to keep me accountable. With the new job and commuting and life, I do want to be accountable and stay in God's word. Excited to read Acts with ya'll!

Welcome Jesglied,

it sounds like you, and Momof3 have a lot going on. I am so sorry that you are going through a difficult time now. But, I really admire that you have decided to dig deeper into God. It is very easy to withdraw during painful times. I hope you find the support and motivation you need with our group. We are glad to have you here.

9/02/2015 2:03 pm  #7

Hi all!  I am joining this group to keep me accountable.  I am a stay at home mom who just turned 28 (use to teach Physics and Earth/Space science at our local high school - did that for 4 years).  I have 2 lovely children.  Kaiden will be turning 1 in 2 days and Mason will be turning 4 the end of the month and is in Preschool.  We are having a big birthday party for them this weekend so trying to stay busy with that to distract me from the crazy busy schedule we have next week (I have a Remicade infusion Tuesday for my Crohns, Kaiden has his 1 year check up and shots on Wednesday and my husband takes Mason to the hospital for a minor surgery).  I love camping, quilting, and just spending time with my family.  I am from the lovely state of Kansas.  I have tried to read the Bible cover to cover a couple other times and all have failed, hopefully with a group to keep me accountable I will succeed this time  I'm not real knowledgable in this area so trying to learn more!

9/04/2015 1:56 pm  #8

amberlkuntz wrote:

Hi all!  I am joining this group to keep me accountable.  I am a stay at home mom who just turned 28 (use to teach Physics and Earth/Space science at our local high school - did that for 4 years).  I have 2 lovely children.  Kaiden will be turning 1 in 2 days and Mason will be turning 4 the end of the month and is in Preschool.  We are having a big birthday party for them this weekend so trying to stay busy with that to distract me from the crazy busy schedule we have next week (I have a Remicade infusion Tuesday for my Crohns, Kaiden has his 1 year check up and shots on Wednesday and my husband takes Mason to the hospital for a minor surgery).  I love camping, quilting, and just spending time with my family.  I am from the lovely state of Kansas.  I have tried to read the Bible cover to cover a couple other times and all have failed, hopefully with a group to keep me accountable I will succeed this time  I'm not real knowledgable in this area so trying to learn more!

Welcome amberlkuntz,

I have also tried to read cover to cover but it was always in one year. And I cannot read several chapters like that each day. I get curious and want to dig in and cross reference and ask questions etc. I just could not do that with the 3 or so chapters to get through in a year. I love Courtney's idea of one a day only 5 days a week. Gives me time to ponder and if I miss a day or two, time to catch up.

I have been doing this with Courtney since she started last summer and have been able to mostly stay caught up. There are a few chapters I need to make up. But over all it has been much easier to stick with.

I hope you find that this works for you. So glad you are here.

Board footera