Women in the Word

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/04/2014 8:03 am  #11

Re: Let's introduce oursleves.

Weclome good news gal, sweetlight and itsjenniferrose.  We are so happy to have you.

9/05/2014 9:29 pm  #12

Hi everyone! I'm in my 20's. I've graduated from college and now work in health care and love it! I've been involved in a few small group activities but havent found anything to stick with becasue of their set schedules and my changing shifts. I'm excited to give this a try and to learn more about the bible and grow in my relationship with God! 

Last edited by Bre (9/05/2014 11:55 pm)

9/08/2014 7:23 am  #13

Bre wrote:

Hi everyone! I'm in my 20's. I've graduated from college and now work in health care and love it! I've been involved in a few small group activities but havent found anything to stick with becasue of their set schedules and my changing shifts. I'm excited to give this a try and to learn more about the bible and grow in my relationship with God! 

Welcome Bre.  I hope you enjoy the study. 

9/10/2014 1:25 pm  #14

I'm joining you all from the Maryland.  I've taken a GMG online bible study before but never in a group. I am currently in an email group but it's not very active so I went back to the forum to see what else was available, so that's how I found this board. I think between the two Mt needs will be met as I'm looking for a little interaction or at least the ability to read postings from others so I can learn from them and dig deeper into the word.  I'm finally at a point were I have more free  time and I want to use it to strengthen my relation with GOD.  I have three young adults, 1 birth and 2 were a gift (two of my nieces) from God. 

Looking forward

9/10/2014 3:50 pm  #15

NLWnMD wrote:

I'm joining you all from the Maryland. I've taken a GMG online bible study before but never in a group. I am currently in an email group but it's not very active so I went back to the forum to see what else was available, so that's how I found this board. I think between the two Mt needs will be met as I'm looking for a little interaction or at least the ability to read postings from others so I can learn from them and dig deeper into the word. I'm finally at a point were I have more free time and I want to use it to strengthen my relation with GOD. I have three young adults, 1 birth and 2 were a gift (two of my nieces) from God.

Welcome NLWnMD. I am sorry your group was not active enough.  I really look forward to reading your input and hope we can bless you with what we share here as well. 

I think it really is a battle of the mind to prioritize Bible study. And sometimes, like today, I did my reading first thing and took so many notes but then just did not have time to get them entered until this afternoon.  But we really do bless each other when we share.

I feel like just in the week and a half that we have started that I am more focused on the Lord and I notice a difference in my attitude and heart. So glad you have a heart to want to draw closer to God.

9/14/2014 7:40 pm  #16

I came across this study in a rounsdbout way while searching for a study throughthe youversion app.  Anyway, I am not sure if it is too late to join you all since you have already started your study...if it isn't too late, I'd love to join you all!   Thank you !

9/14/2014 8:51 pm  #17

fishlicity wrote:

I came across this study in a rounsdbout way while searching for a study throughthe youversion app.  Anyway, I am not sure if it is too late to join you all since you have already started your study...if it isn't too late, I'd love to join you all!   Thank you !

Of course it is not too late.  Welcome.  We are following along with a blog at Good Morning Girls where we are reading through the Bible only 1 chapter a day. By doing 1 chapter a day it gives you more time to really think about what God is showing us.

If you miss a day, just jump in for the reading on the next day. No pressure to try to catch up. Even if you only get in 2 readings a week, that is better than none. So, no pressure to have to keep up.

We then come here and share what we learned in our readings. You can post daily, or maybe just a couple of times a week. Whatever works for you. We just want to learn from each other and encourage each other. And it is good accountability, to know others are wanting to hear your input and wanting you to engage, it keeps you motivated to not let your reading slip too much.

At the top of the Forum I have links to Good Morning Girls (GMG). On Sunday's GMG post the weekly reading plan (she also puts out the plan a month in advance). On Wednesday and Friday she has a blog on our readings.

In the "Weekly Reading Plan" section I you will see a post with the monthly reading plan and well as post for each weekly reading plan. I have also pinned some posts to help you track your reading. So, if you miss some time you can remember which books you skipped. Also, there are workbooks that GMG put together to help you journal through your reading. They use the SOAP method.

In the Bible Study Section we post our thoughts. There are also post pinned there with Bible study aids and tips and a post that explains what SOAP means.

Welcome, please let me know if you have any questions. We have just finished 1 Peter and are starting the book of 2 Peter Monday.

9/14/2014 9:03 pm  #18

Thank you TBG!  I am very excited about joining you all!  

Now a little about myself....
I am 34 years old and have been a Chrsitian for 14 years.  I live in California and teach 3rd grade.  I have been a teacher for 12 years.  I am very invloved in my church and love to serve Jesus however I can.  
Though I have been a Christian for so long, I still struggle with getting my butt out of bed in the mornings to spend time with Jesus.  I need some aaccountability and so I am excited about joining you all!

9/14/2014 11:52 pm  #19

Hi! I am in my 40s and have been a Christian all my life. I am divorced and have one grown daughter. I work as a high school counselor in Los Angeles and spend my free time playing around with photography. I like the flexibility of this Bible study and connecting with other women of God from various places. I look forward to studying with and learning from you all

Last edited by MitziHubbard (9/14/2014 11:53 pm)

9/15/2014 7:23 am  #20

Welcome Mitzi. You have to share some of your photos with us sometimes in the Off Topic section of the forum. Love the rose emoticon.

Board footera