Women in the Word

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/14/2015 5:12 am  #91

Re: Acts

I once heard or read someone say something about remembering the things that we already have in Christ- power, strength etc. We (or I at least) often pray "God, give me strength" but I actually already have it-the question really is will I realize it? Will I use it? Maybe my prayer should be "God help me to realize the power I have in you"

What an amazing example Paul is...he allowed God to walk with him thru his trials. God did not stop them from happening and Paul's focus was on God's power to help him endure it.
So often I focus on my desire for God to stop it but really God's power is in me and I can endure all things. He has already given me the strength.

I have really enjoyed this study and all your comments! Looking forward to starting the next one!

TBG- I am praying for your friends...it sounds like they are getting thru this trial with the knowledge of God's power in them. Praise God for them and their example to others.

My social media update: I posted a couple things- one about hiding God's word in your heart and a link for a free seeds album and then a quote about prayer. Isn't it funny how you will post a photo or a comment non spiritual and you get a whole lot of comments and likes, but post something faith related and there is very little activity?

10/14/2015 7:12 am  #92

esuzannah wrote:

I once heard or read someone say something about remembering the things that we already have in Christ- power, strength etc. We (or I at least) often pray "God, give me strength" but I actually already have it-the question really is will I realize it? Will I use it? Maybe my prayer should be "God help me to realize the power I have in you"

What an amazing example Paul is...he allowed God to walk with him thru his trials. God did not stop them from happening and Paul's focus was on God's power to help him endure it.
So often I focus on my desire for God to stop it but really God's power is in me and I can endure all things. He has already given me the strength.

I know. I feel the same way. I caught that when I was reading chapter 26 and it says in verse 18 that the purpose of Paul's ministry to was turn people from the power of Satan to God.

And I was like, we are not under the power of Satan if we chose to yeild ourselves to God' power in our lives. Easier typed than lived out. But, when I am struggling I am trying to remind myself that I don't have to act in a certain way because I am not under this power, I can choose to honor God.

esuzannah wrote:

My social media update: I posted a couple things- one about hiding God's word in your heart and a link for a free seeds album and then a quote about prayer. Isn't it funny how you will post a photo or a comment non spiritual and you get a whole lot of comments and likes, but post something faith related and there is very little activity?

Very true. But I did get one friend to like a comment that is someone still growing or working out where they are in their walk and it was a very good comment for that person's life. So, a little fruit. And if you can impact just one person's life with just a little eternal seed, it is worth it.

10/14/2015 7:15 am  #93

Acts 28

28:22 But we desire to hear from you what your views are, for with regard to this sect we know that everywhere it is spoken against."

They were open to hearing and were willing to withhold judgment until they heard the whole story. It seems that these Jews, being away from the influence of the leader and the cultural stronghold in Jerusalem were more open minded.

28:27a For this people's heart has grown dull, and with their ears they can barely hear, and their eyes they have closed;

Hearts grown dull – remember Israel had lived through 400 years of persecution, captivity, and now occupation. They just lost heart. They stopped listening to God, and they stopped seeking His presence in their lives and to understand His character, purpose, and will.

It is easy when things have not gone well for us, or when we are disappointed in life to lose heart and become discouraged. Some people during times like this lose their faith and their love for God.

We can become weak of faith and dull of inner spiritual vitality. Some even turn from the faith.

But, during long periods of waiting on God, or long periods of trials, we must not lose heart. We must have patient endurance and perseverance. We must continue to seek God in the Word, prayer, fellowship, and teaching. And we must continue to be about God’s work in service to others.

28:27b lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears and understand with their heart and turn, and I would heal them.'

God had an ultimate plan, but they refused to seek Him and to embrace His plan for them. God still has an ultimate plan for us. It is not always on this side of eternity, but His ultimate plan is eternal life and being perfected into the person of Christ. We need to turn to Him so He can fulfill His purpose in our hearts and give us the goal of our faith – the salvation of our soul. (1 Peter 1:8-9)

Board footera