Women in the Word

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/06/2015 9:01 pm  #1

Week of September 6, 2015

Week of September 6, 2015
This Week’s Reading Assignment

The discussion thread is under Bible Study » Acts.
S.O.A.K. any verse of your choosing.
Don't forget to check the introduction on Mondays, links on Wednesday and the devotional on Friday at Good Morning Girls.

Monday
Reading: Acts 1
Verse of the Day: Acts 1:8
But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.
Optional GMG Discussion Question:
The Apostles knew they needed to replace Judas. Therefore, they trusted God to place the right person in that spot. How can we apply this principle to the relationship in our own lives?
Good Morning Girls: Introduction to weekly reading

Tuesday
Reading: Acts 2
Verse of the Day: Acts 2:21
And it shall come to pass that everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Outsiders looking in thought Jesus’ followers were drunk because they were so filled with the Holy Spirit. When others look at you, can they tell you are filled with the Holy Spirit as well?

Wednesday
Reading: Acts 3
Verse of the Day: Acts 3:6
But Peter said, "I have no silver and gold, but what I do have I give to you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk!"
While the people were in awe over the lame man’s healing, Peter took that chance to direct the peoples attention to God. In what ways can we apply this to those we come in contact with?
Good Morning Girls: Links and thoughts to go deeper

Thursday
Reading: Acts 4
Verse of the Day: Acts 4:12
And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.
Peter and John, despite knowing what happened to Jesus when He spoke against the scribes, remained firm in their faith. Do you allow fear to consume your choices to speak out about God or do you allow faith to continue to show through?

Friday
Reading: Acts 5
Verse of the Day: Acts 5:29
But Peter and the apostles answered, "We must obey God rather than men.
Peter and the Apostles were ordered not to teach about Jesus. Yet, they refused claiming that they would follow God’s instructions. Name a time when you have been asked to not speak about God. How did you respond?
Good Morning Girls: Devotional

Board footera