Women in the Word

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/09/2015 3:46 pm  #51

Re: Let's introduce oursleves.

AugustBee wrote:

Hi there!  I have been following the bible study for the last few months just by checking in on womenlivingwell.org and am now looking forward to getting a little deeper into it with discussion.  I'm so glad there was a forum set up since I don't have a Facebook account.  I am in my 30's and am a stay at home mom to two young children, a boy and a girl, and I've been married for just about 12 years.  So glad to meet you all, it looks like we are going to have a nice group to chat with.

Welcome AugustBee we are glad you have joined us! I find the discussion forces me to really think on and think about the passage and gives me deeper insight. I hope you find it edifying.

6/10/2015 4:10 am  #52

Hello all! Please may I join your group ready for the Proverbs Bible Study starting on 15 June? I am very excited to be able to try out this new method of Bible Study sharing, although I might need some guidance on the mechanics of using the forum. I live in the UK with my husband and 22 year old daughter who is studying at university. My 24 year old daughter is in her second year of marriage and she lives about an hour away with her husband who is doing a good job of looking after her. I work part-time, run the home, support family and friends, cook, clean, shop, bake - all the usual time consuming stuff! I enjoy reading, I like to learn, I love being outside in the countryside when it's warm and I spend a lot of time having fun with my family and playing with our pet dog, cat and bantam chickens. Can't wait to get started on this new Bible study - I just hope I can keep up!

6/11/2015 1:35 pm  #53

Passionflower wrote:

Hello all! Please may I join your group ready for the Proverbs Bible Study starting on 15 June? I am very excited to be able to try out this new method of Bible Study sharing, although I might need some guidance on the mechanics of using the forum. I live in the UK with my husband and 22 year old daughter who is studying at university. My 24 year old daughter is in her second year of marriage and she lives about an hour away with her husband who is doing a good job of looking after her. I work part-time, run the home, support family and friends, cook, clean, shop, bake - all the usual time consuming stuff! I enjoy reading, I like to learn, I love being outside in the countryside when it's warm and I spend a lot of time having fun with my family and playing with our pet dog, cat and bantam chickens. Can't wait to get started on this new Bible study - I just hope I can keep up!

Welcome Passionflower, I love your user name! I love the countryside as well. I live semi-suburban/semi-rural, but wish I lived much more in the country.

If you need any tips, let me know and I can create a demo video. Also, don't stress about keeping up. What happens is that if you get behind, then you get discouraged and just give up completely. But, is it better to read even 4-5 chapters in the entire month, than to give up and read none of God's word? Don't get discouraged, just keep plugging away when you can and how you can.

6/11/2015 10:58 pm  #54

Hi, I'm 34, have been married for 7 years and have a 2 and a 3 year old that are 15 months apart.  Since becoming a mother, it has been increasingly difficult to find time for the Lord but I desperately need His strength, His guidance, and His grace for this crazy journey of motherhood!!  I have started many GMG studies solo but never followed through to the end.  I'm excited to find this group because Facebook groups are a little intimidating and I'm hoping I will be more accountable as part of a group.  Looking forward to a great study with everyone!

6/12/2015 9:28 pm  #55

Hi all! I've been married for 17 years. I'm 45 and we have a 15 year old daughter and a 13 year old son. We live in the suburbs of Chicago. I'm so looking forward to starting this Bible study! I hope there is room in this group for me! Have a great weekend everyone

6/13/2015 7:53 am  #56

kennejb wrote:

Hi, I'm 34, have been married for 7 years and have a 2 and a 3 year old that are 15 months apart.  Since becoming a mother, it has been increasingly difficult to find time for the Lord but I desperately need His strength, His guidance, and His grace for this crazy journey of motherhood!!  I have started many GMG studies solo but never followed through to the end.  I'm excited to find this group because Facebook groups are a little intimidating and I'm hoping I will be more accountable as part of a group.  Looking forward to a great study with everyone!

We are so glad you joined us kennejb. Facebook did not work for me either, neither did the email group, so I started the discussion board in hopes that it would be an easy way to share input. So far it seems to be working well.

Although I am not a Mom yet, we are finalizing the foster parent process, I can relate to when things get so busy and stressful, the first thing to go is time with God, yet, that is just the time when we need to dig deeper into Him. And I know that I find I cannot be the person He wants me to be when I am not in His word. I just let too much of my flesh show. But being in the word keeps my mind and attitude on things of the Spirit.

As I have told others, the important thing is to not get discouraged if you fall behind. Satan would love to tell you just to forget it because you did not keep up. But better to jump in wherever you are and keep plugging away. Better one chapter a week than no chapters.

6/13/2015 7:55 am  #57

Jennifer wrote:

Hi all! I've been married for 17 years. I'm 45 and we have a 15 year old daughter and a 13 year old son. We live in the suburbs of Chicago. I'm so looking forward to starting this Bible study! I hope there is room in this group for me! Have a great weekend everyone

Welcome Jennifer,

We absolutely have room. Our last session we had only 3 people actively participating. With this new session we have 12 new ladies joining us including you. So, I think that I think that should be a good size.

We look forward to sharing and studying with you. I can't wait to start either.

6/13/2015 1:53 pm  #58

Hi all!

My name is Michelle and my husband and I have been married for almost 16 years.  We both work in grants administration at a major research university.  I am looking forward to the Proverbs study.  I've done a couple of studies before via a FB group, but I think that I like discussion boards better.

6/14/2015 8:41 am  #59

Hello, I am so looking forward to joining in on this bible study and digging deep to gleen knowledge. I have never been in a group study online before but I am so thankful for the opportunity. I am 38 years old and married to a wonderful and God fearing man. He developed early onset Alzhiemer's 3 years ago and it makes it hard for us to get out a lot of times. God always makes a way. Thank you all.

6/14/2015 1:04 pm  #60

Hello!
I stumbled upon GMG during yet another online search for active bible study groups and I am excited to see how active this forum and the GMG community is! I am 33, married (10-year anniversary coming up in July) and have a three-year old daughter. Balancing all the components of my life has not been easy and through every moment of it, I've wanted to refocus and deepen my relationship with God. I look forward to learning from the collective wisdom of this group and deepen my spiritual knowledge.
Kind regards,
Maryn Joseph

Board footera