Women in the Word

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/30/2016 9:34 pm  #1

Introductions for 2017

Are you new here? Just joining us as we start 1 Samuel?

Well please introduce yourself.
And don't forget to head over to the Bible Study thread and read the Group Overview post.

I have been doing GMG studies since before Courtney started reading through the Bible. Although I have Facebook, I have never been comfortable sharing too much of my personal information or life on Facebook because of privacy and information warehousing concerns. So, I did an email group. I loved the input of the other ladies, but email really made it hard for back and forth interaction and it was difficult to read strings of emails. So, I started this forum group really because no one else was offering one.

I have really enjoyed it. I enjoy being able to go much deeper and post much more information on the chapters.

I am a married women with no kids by choice, but have always wanted to Foster parent. We have been on the foster journey now for a little over a year and it has had its ups and downs. I am not sure where we will go with this long-term. I think perhaps we waited too long to start this and should have done it far earlier in our marriage.

I used to work part-time before my husband semi-retired and we moved across county. Now I just occasionally do a few hours of consulting work, but otherwise manage the home and keep busy with volunteer work.

With the move, loss of a father, illness with my mother, challenges and confusion with our direction in fostering, I have had a lot of changes over the past 3 years. However, I feel like things are settling down now and I am getting in my groove. I am just really enjoying our new life. The only outstanding concern is the foster situation and I think I have finally learned to just leave everything up to God and stop allowing it to create anxiety or disappointment with me.

The reading through the Bible has really impacted me and I posted about it in this thread: Why Study the Bible and Especially the Old Testament?

Well, welcome. Look forward to getting to know you.

Please reply below with your introduction.

Last edited by TBG (12/30/2016 9:50 pm)

1/02/2017 8:59 am  #2

Re: Introductions for 2017

Hi, My name is Sabina and I live in the Netherlands, married for almost 7 years and we have an almost two year old son. Prior to the conception and birth of our son, life had really taken it's toll on us because to make a long story short we were told that we would never be able to conceive, and the God of all possibilities just proved the doctors and science wrong again. This has really increased our faith and I have been for almost 3 years now a member of GMG, first in  group for moms, then just blogging through and also doing a personal bible study with 2 other sisters on Skype and whilst we continue this journey this year I feel the need to get more involved which will allow me to have the need to dig deeper, so this is my reason for being a part of this group. Due to the time difference I may respond earlier or maybe even later, that depends but my desire is steadfast! God bless you all, and hoping to encourage and be encouraged by all. Thanks for taking me onboard .

1/02/2017 11:31 am  #3

Hi, my name is Vicky. I live in Georgia and I have been married for 31 years. I have three children: 25 year old son, 21 year old daughter and 14 year old daughter.  I have two grandsons, who are only 5 months apart.  This is my first Bible Study with GMG, I am very excited. I joined to gain a more close relationship with GOD.
My 14 year old is very active in Church and has a close relationship with GOD. My two older children are my challenge.  Both of them have been baptized but do not place GOD first in their lives. I have recently decided to turn my worry over to GOD and focus more on myself and my relationship with him. Thank you for having me and I look forward to our study together.  

1/02/2017 12:06 pm  #4

Hi there, I am Ashleigh.  I am new to GMG and this is my 1st study.  I am a busy mom, wife, and active duty airmen of 17 years.  I want to grow closer in my journey with God and make Him the center of my daily life.  My husband and I have been married for almost 12 years and we have two girls, 2 and 6 years old.  I don't have many close friends here, especially those I can share my faith with, so I look forward to finding fellowship.  As we get ready to move again at the end of this year I want to have a resilient heart and mind through God.

Last edited by Alh2017 (1/02/2017 12:07 pm)

1/02/2017 1:12 pm  #5

sabby138 wrote:

Hi, My name is Sabina and I live in the Netherlands, married for almost 7 years and we have an almost two year old son. Prior to the conception and birth of our son, life had really taken it's toll on us because to make a long story short we were told that we would never be able to conceive, and the God of all possibilities just proved the doctors and science wrong again. This has really increased our faith and I have been for almost 3 years now a member of GMG, first in  group for moms, then just blogging through and also doing a personal bible study with 2 other sisters on Skype and whilst we continue this journey this year I feel the need to get more involved which will allow me to have the need to dig deeper, so this is my reason for being a part of this group. Due to the time difference I may respond earlier or maybe even later, that depends but my desire is steadfast! God bless you all, and hoping to encourage and be encouraged by all. Thanks for taking me onboard .

Welcome Sabina!

What an encouraging story. God is pursuing all of us and I think He uses different things in different people's lives to bring them to Him.

Your faithfulness is evident in the fact that you have been studying along for so many years. I am excited about your desire to dig deeper. I hope you find this group helpful in encouraging and ministering to you and look forward to your input as well.

1/02/2017 1:21 pm  #6

vham2017 wrote:

Hi, my name is Vicky. I live in Georgia and I have been married for 31 years. I have three children: 25 year old son, 21 year old daughter and 14 year old daughter.  I have two grandsons, who are only 5 months apart.  This is my first Bible Study with GMG, I am very excited. I joined to gain a more close relationship with GOD.
My 14 year old is very active in Church and has a close relationship with GOD. My two older children are my challenge.  Both of them have been baptized but do not place GOD first in their lives. I have recently decided to turn my worry over to GOD and focus more on myself and my relationship with him. Thank you for having me and I look forward to our study together.  

Welcome Vicky!

I know that as I started this program and just focused and sat with just one chapter at a time, I just started seeing so much in scripture and it has just really impacted my life. So, I am prayerful and hopeful that you will find this program does in fact draw you closer to seeing who God is. I wrote a post about how this has happened in my life: Why Study the Bible and Especially the Old Testament?

That is hard about your older children. I have a brother, and nieces and nephews who are not walking with the Lord or playing religion and it is hard. We do have to trust those we care about to a good God. But I will also be in prayer for them.

Glad you are joining us.

1/02/2017 1:34 pm  #7

Alh2017 wrote:

Hi there, I am Ashleigh.  I am new to GMG and this is my 1st study.  I am a busy mom, wife, and active duty airmen of 17 years.  I want to grow closer in my journey with God and make Him the center of my daily life.  My husband and I have been married for almost 12 years and we have two girls, 2 and 6 years old.  I don't have many close friends here, especially those I can share my faith with, so I look forward to finding fellowship.  As we get ready to move again at the end of this year I want to have a resilient heart and mind through God.

Welcome Ashleigh!

I hope you get as much out of this study as I have. As I told Vicky, I wrote a post about how this reading program has really impacted me: Why Study the Bible and Especially the Old Testament?

You do seem to be a busy Mom. Thank you for your service. I had a foster toddler for a month and it was very challenging to find time to study. So, I can relate to your challenges with work and bunchkins.

That must be hard to move so much and not have the kind of rich Christ-based fellowship you long for. Well, I hope you find it here. I know I have gotten so much out of the input and insight of the other ladies.

Sometimes, it is hard to get the ladies to post and stay engaged. But I will keep posting. And I would love to hear you heart and stay connected with you. Note, we also have Prayer Request and Praise Reports thread, and a General Discussion thread if you want to post on things not directly related to the Bible Study.

1/02/2017 9:13 pm  #8

Hi, I'm Sarita. 
I was introduced to GMG by a close friend/relative who knew I would benefit from online bible studies. I'm a Resource Manager (almost ready to retire at a young 52), have an AWESOME daughter who keeps me accountable and a gentle yet spoiled husband of 25 years and counting. My biggest obstacle has been becoming a caregiver for my 83 year old Mother who lives with me. We've had so many medical issues that I just can say "God just ain't ready for her yet."  I feel like I've been in the valley of dry bones for 3 plus years and I'm just ready to run... just run and don't look back. I'm praying that this year, starting right now, I can rebuild my relationship with God. I know that he's been so patient with me. Now, I want to show him how faithful I can be to him. I'm so excited about studying the word and sharing experiences with other believers. I went through the book of James and loved it. Started Judges but couldn't keep focused. The devil is so busy in so many ways. This year is all about GOD...fully learning who he is and what it is that he wants me to do. Thank you in advance for your continued biblical studies and I'm ready to dig in!

1/02/2017 11:15 pm  #9

Hi Everyone!  I'm Kimberly

I've done a few of the GMG studies but haven't completed them, this is my first time committing to a group, as I know I need to be held accountable.  I live in Wisconsin and have been married for 12 years however I've been separated from my husband for half of that time now, his choice however for me its been a blessing, It has gotten me closer to God and my family.  I was baptized as infant and this past summer on the day I should have been celebrating my 12th wedding anniversary, I chose to be baptized again as a believer this time my choice.  I have no children, however I sponsor several children through Compassion International and I'm very active in my church with Kids Ministry.

1/03/2017 5:13 pm  #10

cochrans wrote:

Hi, I'm Sarita. 
I was introduced to GMG by a close friend/relative who knew I would benefit from online bible studies. I'm a Resource Manager (almost ready to retire at a young 52), have an AWESOME daughter who keeps me accountable and a gentle yet spoiled husband of 25 years and counting. My biggest obstacle has been becoming a caregiver for my 83 year old Mother who lives with me. We've had so many medical issues that I just can say "God just ain't ready for her yet."  I feel like I've been in the valley of dry bones for 3 plus years and I'm just ready to run... just run and don't look back. I'm praying that this year, starting right now, I can rebuild my relationship with God. I know that he's been so patient with me. Now, I want to show him how faithful I can be to him. I'm so excited about studying the word and sharing experiences with other believers. I went through the book of James and loved it. Started Judges but couldn't keep focused. The devil is so busy in so many ways. This year is all about GOD...fully learning who he is and what it is that he wants me to do. Thank you in advance for your continued biblical studies and I'm ready to dig in!

Dear Sarita, just finished praying for you. I saw from my mother the difficult journey of caring for my ailing father.

And I know what it is like to feel like God just wants to take you to that next place. I felt like for me the metaphor would be that of a woman in labor. That it was a labor and God wanted to birth something new in me and take me to that deeper place spiritually. But it felt like such a long labor of several years and I just kept waiting for the labor to be over and for me to have birthed to be even more conformed to Christ's image and more emptied of self.

Welcome to the group and I hope you do jump in and share your thoughts and experiences. We all can mutually encourage and edify each other.

Board footera