Women in the Word

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/22/2017 8:47 pm  #1

Week of April 24, 2017

Week of April 24
This Week’s Reading Assignment
The group discussion thread is under Bible Study » Psalms.
S.O.A.K. any verse of your choosing.

Monday
Reading: Psalm 59
Verses of the Day:
But I will sing of your strength; I will sing aloud of your steadfast love in the morning. For you have been to me a fortress and a refuge in the day of my distress. O my Strength, I will sing praises to you, for you, O God, are my fortress, the God who shows me steadfast love. - Psalm 59:16-17

O my Strength, I will watch for you, for you, O God, are my fortress. - Psalm 59:9

Discussion Question: O my Strength, I will watch for you, for you, O God, are my fortress. (Psalm 59:9)
God was David’s fortress even in the middle of his trial while he was still experiencing his trials. How can God be our fortress even while we suffer or are in the middle of a battle?

Tuesday
Reading: Psalm 52
Verse of the Day: Psalm 52:8-9
But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God. I trust in the steadfast love of God forever and ever. I will thank you forever, because you have done it. I will wait for your name, for it is good, in the presence of the godly.

Discussion Question: David chose not to focus on his guild because he understood that regardless of mistakes he may have made, he was not in control of evil men. God is ultimately in control and we must just trust God to protect, provide, avenge, and execute justice.

Is there something you need to let go of guilt over? Share a time when you struggled with moving past guilt or a time that God helped you move past guilt.

Wednesday
Reading: Psalm 56
Verses of the Day:
This I know, that God is for me.  - Psalm 56:9b
For you have delivered my soul from death, yes, my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of life.  - Psalm 56:13

Discussion Question: How are you wrestling with or reconciling the belief that God will deliver you and trusting your life into His hands even when it may lead to suffering or when your life doesn't look like you expected it to?

Thursday
Reading: Psalm 34
Verses of the Day:
I will bless the LORD at all times; his praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul makes its boast in the LORD; let the humble hear and be glad. – Psalm 34:1-2

The LORD is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit. – Psalm 34:18

Discussion Question:
Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him! (Psalm 34:8)

How has God proven His goodness to you in the past? What things can you recall that help give you confidence in His goodness?

How has God provided you with a place of refuge?

Friday
Reading: Psalm 7
Verse of the Day: Psalm 7:11
God is a righteous judge, and a God who feels indignation every day.
Discussion Question:
God is a righteous judge, and a God who feels indignation every day. – Psalm 7:11
What is the significance of point out that God is righteous and feel indignation? Look up the word “indignation.” How does this provide you with comfort and encouragement to persevere?

Board footera