Women in the Word

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/28/2014 9:15 am  #11

Re: Psalms

Psalm 7 

Verse 9 Oh, let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end, But establish the just; For the righteous God tests the hearts and minds.

In our society it seems there is great wickedness.  But, are we participating in the wickedness, or we helping to enable, uphold and supporting wickedness?  Are we cooperating with God in upholding justice and those who are just?  God knows our heart and if we support wickedness, we are acting wickedly.

12/01/2014 2:50 am  #12

Psalm 8

A reminder that we as human beings are in charge of everything on this earth, yet so many of us abuse this. I.e., not taking care of animals, littering, destroying the environment for capital gains. The list goes on. This helps to be mindful how we treat nature all around us. It's God created and its a gift.

12/01/2014 8:57 am  #13

Psalm 8

Scripture 8:3-5

When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, The moon and the stars, which You have ordained,   What is man that You are mindful of him, And the son of man that You visit (give attention to or care for) him? For You have made him a little lower than the angels, And You have crowned him with glory and honor.

Observation
God is so great and mighty, yet he made us as His special creation, in His image, and crowned us with glory and honor above all other creation.

Application
We should be comforted by God’s love for us, that he specially created us and cares for us; He gives us His attention and care. 

1 John 3:1
How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!

12/01/2014 8:59 am  #14

itsjenniferrose wrote:

Psalm 8

A reminder that we as human beings are in charge of everything on this earth, yet so many of us abuse this. I.e., not taking care of animals, littering, destroying the environment for capital gains. The list goes on. This helps to be mindful how we treat nature all around us. It's God created and its a gift.

How very correct that we need to be good stewards of God's creation and use it wisely.

12/03/2014 8:30 am  #15

Pslam 9-10

Psalm 10
1 Why, O LORD, do you stand far off ? Why do you hide yourself in times of trouble?
11 He says to himself, "God has forgotten; he covers his face and never sees."
13 Why does the wicked man revile God? Why does he say to himself, "He won't call me to account"?

Sometimes we feel like this; why does God not do something when there is injustice?  But we can’t understand all of God’s purposes, remember He allowed the other wicked nations to prevail to judge Israel, He allowed Joseph to be sold to Egypt to save Israel, He allowed David to be pursued, but it strengthened his character and faith.  So, this is a wicked word and sometime wickedness will prosper for a season.  But ultimately God will judge rightly.

Psalm 9
7 The LORD reigns forever; he has established his throne for judgment.
8 He will judge the world in righteousness; he will govern the peoples with justice.

Ultimately Christ will return to take ultimate authority over this world.

10 Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you.

If we really know God (by reading  His Word to know His nature, character, will) and have intimate relationship with Him (through loving Him with our whole heart and speaking to Him continually in prayer) then we will trust in Him, we will put our hope in Him.

12/03/2014 8:58 am  #16

Psalm 10

Courtney has a great post on this today.  About how we feel that the wicked go unpunished and we don't sometimes see God's hand. When the Wicked Prosper and God Seems Far Away

12/04/2014 11:10 am  #17

Psalms 11

Verse 5-6
The Lord tests the righteous, but his soul hates the wicked and the one who loves violence.  Let him rain coals on the wicked; fire and sulfur and a scorching wind shall be the portion of their cup.

This actually made me feel compassion for the lost.  The passage uses terms such as, rain coals, fire, sulfur, and scorching wind.  We need to be earnestly trying to win the hearts of, yes, even the wicked and even those who are seeking to destroy us.

Verse 7
The Lord is righteous; He loves righteous deeds; the upright shall behold His face

This is very encouraging.  When we feel like God does not see us, and that people are targeting us, trying to hurt and destroy us, that we can take heart that God is in His holy temple and His eyes do see (verse4).

The Lord is righteous and since He is righteous, He loves when I do righteous deeds.  And as I live to please the Lord by living rightly I will behold His face even in this life and even in the midst of the attacks.

Thank you Lord for Your goodness, protection and presence in my life.  Help me to always hope in You.

12/05/2014 12:49 pm  #18

Psalm 11

Scripture: The LORD examines both the righteous and the wicked. He hates those who love violence. He will rain down blazing coals and burning sulfur on the wicked, punishing them with scorching winds. For the righteous LORD loves justice. The virtuous will see his face. (‭Psalms‬ ‭11‬:‭5-7‬ NLT)

With all of the injustice progressively getting worse in the world, especially right now, we have to remember God is still in charge and he will get justice from the wicked and evil even if it's not in the way we would like to see it. We have to believe the righteous will be avenged.

12/08/2014 1:47 am  #19

psalm 13

Reminds us to sing his praises and have faith and trust in his love for us even through the hard times when it see,d like everything is at odds with us

12/08/2014 9:15 am  #20

Psalm 13 

Scripture (vs. 5-6)
But I have trusted in Your mercy; My heart shall rejoice in Your salvation. I will sing to the Lord, Because He has dealt bountifully with me.

Observation
Here, David is in the middle of this trial, such a difficult trial, that he initially calls out and ask God, if he has forgotten him because he just does not see God working.  He then expresses that he fears if God does not act that he will be destroyed by his enemies.  Yet, at the end of all of this, he expresses his complete trust in God, and he rejoices.

Application
I love how honest David is with God about his feelings and how he transparently expresses his feelings to God.  I see genuine relationship here. 

In our times of despair, we can call out to God with our doubts and our fears.  But even in those circumstances, can we trust that God is ultimately merciful?  Can we know that He will ultimately bring salvation either in this life or the next?  Can we still praise God because He has loved us and saved us?

Board footera