Women in the Word

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/08/2015 10:37 pm  #1

Weekly Discussion: Exodus Chapters 26-27

Ok, So I know it may be challenging to read about the Tabernacle.  But I heard an amazing 6-week sermon series that really shows how all these different things symbolize Christ, redemption, and our identify as the temple of Christ.

I have posted notes with images that summarize some of this information.  I only have Monday up but will try to get the rest up tomorrow night or Tuesday morning.

Hope you find this helpful.
Tabernacle: Tent of Meeting

Last edited by TBG (2/08/2015 11:00 pm)

2/08/2015 10:57 pm  #2

Re: Weekly Discussion: Exodus Chapters 26-27

Monday
Reading: Exodus 26
Chapter Insights: The Tent of Meeting
Optional Women in the Word Discussion Questions:
What is the significance of such skillfulness, detail and nice materials.
Should we take same approach today?  Does God dwell in the church building as He did in the tabernacle?  How is it similar or different?

Optional GMG Discussion Question:
The veil separated the holy place from the most holy place. This is the veil that Christ ripped after His death on the cross- meaning that we can go to the most holy place-because of Christ’s blood. We can enter the throne room of God. Share a praise today that you can have an open relationship with God.

Tuesday
Reading: Exodus 27
The pure oil brought light. Christ came to bring light as well-and not only to the Jews, but to the Gentiles. We are to take that light and share it. How can you share the light of Christ with those around you?

Wednesday
Reading: Exodus 28
Just like Aaron, we have been set apart, to be priest. How do you keep your life set apart and different so that you might be a sacrifice to the Lord?

Thursday
Reading: Exodus 29
A lamb was to be offered, twice a day. Christ came as the sacrificial lamb, and now we don’t have to practice this ordinance. However, we should keep our sin accounts short- to keep the fellowship open. Be sure to spend some time today thanking God that HE was the sacrificial lamb. Share a prayer of thanksgiving. Also, in private, spend some time confessing your sin before God.

Friday
Reading: Exodus 30
The large vessel of brass, holding water, needed to be attended to each day. The same is true with our relationship with God. We need to spend time in God’s word each day, to keep us pure. Where do you spend your quiet time-and how do you keep it a priority?

2/09/2015 2:33 pm  #3

"The pure oil brought light. Christ came to bring light as well-and not only to the Jews, but to the Gentiles. We are to take that light and share it. How can you share the light of Christ with those around you?"

I love sharing my faith with others and bringing God up in everyday conversations. My appraoch has changed a bit. When I was youger I was taught how to "share the Gospel" using a formula and materials. A small simple back that discussed mans' sin God's saving grace through death on a cross, and our need to accept God into our heart. WOW! That is just TMI-- to much information .  ( I get on mission trips and outreaches this is appropriate !)

Now, my words are from the heart. With my friends, co-workers, and even my boss. I just talk about God as I would anyone else. God doesn't need me to shove the gospel down anyone of my friends throats. But I do share by gently allowing  them to see--through my words and deeds--that I am who I am because of Jesus!

Theresnoplacelike Home

2/11/2015 1:41 am  #4

Exodus 27

“Command the people of Israel to bring you pure oil of pressed olives for the light, to keep the lamps burning continually. The lampstand will stand in the Tabernacle, in front of the inner curtain that shields the Ark of the Covenant. Aaron and his sons must keep the lamps burning in the LORD’s presence all night. This is a permanent law for the people of Israel, and it must be observed from generation to generation. (‭Exodus‬ ‭27‬:‭20-21‬ NLT)

I see the tabernacle as the bodies of the believers. Our light should burn within for Chris always, and we need to carry it with us in our homes, work, church, etc

I've been trying to be mindful that others can see my light as soon as they see or meet me. Not always easy.

2/12/2015 7:43 am  #5

Exodus 29

We cannot come before the lord unless we are pure.  So God has the blood of the bulls to atone for the sins of the priest so that they can come before him.

The clothes they wear is to remind them that they are set apart and called to be about God's work.

God wanted to commune with Israel at the tent of meeting and have a relationship with them.

Because of the more effective and powerful work of the blood of Christ, we can stand in the presence of God with our sins atoned for.
We need to be mindful of the Holy Spirit in us to remind us that our primary focus each day is not on our agenda or to-do list.  That is hard for me because I always get focus on accomplishing my tasks.  But we need to remember we are to be God's ministers here on earth and be about God's business: to hear His word, to do His work, and to walk in His ways.

2/13/2015 2:48 am  #6

Exodus 29

“These burnt offerings are to be made each day from generation to generation. Offer them in the LORD’s presence at the Tabernacle entrance; there I will meet with you and speak with you. I will meet the people of Israel there, in the place made holy by my glorious presence. (‭Exodus‬ ‭29‬:‭42-43‬ NLT)

Thank God, today, he will meet us anywhere anyday when we call his name.

2/13/2015 4:05 am  #7

I have been so overwhelmed by the detail that God asked of the Israelites. It has made me think about the Holy Spirit dwelling in me and the need to clean up the temple for Him. Grace has never stops being beautiful. 

Board footera