Women in the Word

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/04/2017 11:28 pm  #1

Week of February 6, 2017

Week of February 6
This Week’s Reading Assignment
The group discussion thread is under Bible Study » 1 Samuel.
S.O.A.K. any verse of your choosing.

Monday
Reading: 1 Samuel 21
Verse of the Day: 1 Samuel 21:12
Good Morning Girls: Introduction to the Week
Optional GMG Discussion Question: Just because we are following the Lord, it does not mean we will not have difficult times. In Psalm 56:3, David said: “When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.” What are you afraid of today and how can you trust God more?

Tuesday
Reading: 1 Samuel 22
Verse of the Day: 1 Samuel 22:1
Optional GMG Discussion Question: David couldn’t go home, or go see Samuel or Jonathan and he couldn’t go to the house of the Lord. In a humble cave he found refuge. How is God your refuge and safe place, in times of discouragement?

Wednesday
Reading: 1 Samuel 23
Verse of the Day: 1 Samuel 23:16
Optional GMG Discussion Question: Jonathan could not rescue David but he could strengthen him. Is there someone in your life who is in an inescapable trial? You may not be able to rescue them but how can you strengthen them today?

Thursday
Reading: 1 Samuel 24
Verse of the Day: 1 Samuel 24:12
Optional GMG Discussion Question: Rather than taking matters into his own hands, David trusted God to judge and avenge him against Saul. What situation in your life, do you need to trust yourself less and trust God more?

Friday
Reading: 1 Samuel 25
Verse of the Day: 1 Samuel 25:3
Good Morning Girls: Devotional and Video
Optional GMG Discussion Question: There is a great contrast between Abigail and her husband Nabal. Abigail was god-fearing, gentle and humble despite being stuck in a mismatched marriage. Are you stuck in a relationship that is mismatched perhaps with a boss, coworker, family member or spouse? How can you remain gentle and humble in this difficult situation?

Last edited by TBG (2/10/2017 12:32 pm)

Board footera