Women in the Word

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/30/2014 7:56 pm  #21

Re: Let's introduce oursleves.

Thanks for letting me join, I'm very excited to participate in my very first group bible study, as an adult.
I'm nearly 30 & I've been married to my "high school sweetheart" for 9 years.
We have 2 very funny little girls, our oldest is 8 and youngest is 5. They keep us VERY busy!
We have definitely had some personal highs and lows the past few years, however I am very happy to say that one of lowest points brought us to church about 10 months ago and helped both my husband and myself to re-discover our faith and then both of our children (and niece) to discover theirs.

10/01/2014 7:03 am  #22

Welcome Jackied84a!  What a nice testimony of how God has called you and your family back to Himself.  So pleased to have you join us. It reminds me of my life also and how I believe C.S. Lewis said God is like the "hound of heaven."  We try to run from Him and He lovingly pursues us.  Praise God.

12/29/2014 6:00 pm  #23

Hello, everyone!

My name is Amanda.  I'm nearly 26-years-old (my birthday is in two weeks) and I am a stay at home wife.  My husband works for a large corporation and we move every few months, so I'm not currently working.  I usually do Bible studies on my own but have recently simply been going through my One Year Bible.  I thought that this would be an interesting change to start the new year.  I tend to get lonely because I am home alone all day during the week with no vehicle, and we move so quickly that I rarely have time to make friends.  So, this will be a nice way to get in some interaction with others during the week.

Nice to meet you all!

12/29/2014 8:31 pm  #24

Hello,

I am a wife to a wonderful husband and this summer we will celebrate our ten year anniversary! We have two playful cats Charlie and Bella. We are both teachers. This January I will be turning thirty-five. I'm not sure how I feel about that, yet.

I love to be creative. Wheather it is creating lesson plans for my kids at school, or working on a new project at home. The simple things in life make me happy: Singing, reading, camping, time spent with friends, walks in the park... I consider myself to be a work in progress as God is continually shaping me. My prayer is that I can reflect the Son more and more as I continue to grow in my walk with Him each and everyday.

Favorite quote: " Sometimes on the way to a dream you get lost and find a better one."  `author unknown
Favorite bible verse: " And now abide faith, hope and love; but the greatest of these is love."
{(1 Corinthians 13:13)  There are so many, but this is the one that is on my heart at the moment}.

I hope I am a good fit for this bible study. And humbled by the experience thus far in my small experience reading through the bible with Women Living Well. I learned so much from the study in Genesis and hope to learn and grow from this study as well.

Blessings,
Theresnoplacelike Home

12/30/2014 12:21 am  #25

Hi.. I'm in my late 40's, work from home and in cancer recovery.  My plan is to spend this second part of my life deep (way deep) in God's word and in service to Him.  Looking forward to studying with everyone!  xxoo 

12/30/2014 8:29 am  #26

Hello! I am 26 and a stay at home wife. My husband and I recently moved from my home state to his home state. We have two dogs, Commodore and Lola and two cats, Ruban and Millie.

The move rocked my world as I left my family and friends and the place I have lived my whole life. It has been a very rough but very wonderful year. God had his hand in this for sure. I certainly have not had the best walk with God in my life but the move factored in with some other things brought me to my knees and I am saying yes Lord I will follow you!

I have never done an online Bible study and I read the GMG blog all the time so I thought I would try it out.

Be blessed!

12/31/2014 8:36 pm  #27

G'day I'm from down under. I have been following Woman Living Well for a couple of years now. I have been in an email bible study group before but all those emails get hard to keep up with. So this place seems like a great idea for me. I have been a christian for almost 20 years, I have been hot and cold at different times. I am at a place now where I am sick of my flesh and want to surrender all to Him who has given me all. I am 37, married for 16 years my husband has a disability I am his carer I home school our 3 kids 2 who have Aspergers. I am looking forward to studying along with you all.

1/01/2015 11:46 pm  #28

Amanda wrote:

Hello, everyone!

My name is Amanda.  I'm nearly 26-years-old (my birthday is in two weeks) and I am a stay at home wife.  My husband works for a large corporation and we move every few months, so I'm not currently working.  I usually do Bible studies on my own but have recently simply been going through my One Year Bible.  I thought that this would be an interesting change to start the new year.  I tend to get lonely because I am home alone all day during the week with no vehicle, and we move so quickly that I rarely have time to make friends.  So, this will be a nice way to get in some interaction with others during the week.

Nice to meet you all!

Welcome, Amanda.  I hope you find the fellowship meaningful.  I really enjoy reading the insights and comments of the other ladies.

1/01/2015 11:49 pm  #29

Theresnoplacelike Home wrote:

Hello,

I am a wife to a wonderful husband and this summer we will celebrate our ten year anniversary! We have two playful cats Charlie and Bella. We are both teachers. This January I will be turning thirty-five. I'm not sure how I feel about that, yet.

I love to be creative. Wheather it is creating lesson plans for my kids at school, or working on a new project at home. The simple things in life make me happy: Singing, reading, camping, time spent with friends, walks in the park... I consider myself to be a work in progress as God is continually shaping me. My prayer is that I can reflect the Son more and more as I continue to grow in my walk with Him each and everyday.

Favorite quote: " Sometimes on the way to a dream you get lost and find a better one."  `author unknown
Favorite bible verse: " And now abide faith, hope and love; but the greatest of these is love."
{(1 Corinthians 13:13)  There are so many, but this is the one that is on my heart at the moment}.

I hope I am a good fit for this bible study. And humbled by the experience thus far in my small experience reading through the bible with Women Living Well. I learned so much from the study in Genesis and hope to learn and grow from this study as well.

Blessings,
Theresnoplacelike Home

Welcome, of course you are a good fit.  I love the input we get from having a multi-generational group, at different life stages.  I look forward to you sharing your creative energy with all of us

1/01/2015 11:51 pm  #30

Karenna wrote:

Hi.. I'm in my late 40's, work from home and in cancer recovery.  My plan is to spend this second part of my life deep (way deep) in God's word and in service to Him.  Looking forward to studying with everyone!  xxoo 

Karenna, so glad you joined us and I am sure you have so much insight into God's heart as you are in recovery.  I know that I feel like I have been in the "birth pangs" stage for several years.  Like I know that God is wanting to take me to that next level.  So, I pray that God will work in both of our lives.

Blessings!

Board footera