Women in the Word

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/22/2017 10:26 am  #1

Mandy Kelly - GMG Leadership Coordinator

Some sad news ladies. 

Mandy, oversaw the group facilitators. Although I never met her, she seemed to have such a sweet and caring spirit. She would post videos to encourage the group leaders and would pray over us. She was such a sweet sister in Christ and this saddens me deeply. 

This is the notification pasted from the Good Morning Girls Facebook page  

Today (yesterday) Mandy Kelly - our Good Morning Girls Leadership Coordinator - along with her husband, daughter and baby boy, went home to be with the Lord.  

We are grieving the loss of Mandy - she loved the Lord so much and served Him diligently here at GMG.

Please pray for Bekah and Jared - the older two children in this picture.

Here is the update below of what happened: 

My heart is broken. This beautiful family suffered devastating loss last night. Please pray for Bekah and Jared, the older two children in this picture.

They lost their birth mother at a young age, and now they've lost their father, Scott, their sweet second mother, Mandy, and their two younger siblings, Lizzie and Judah, in a horrible fire last night.

I knew Mandy as a sweet and God-loving woman, a dedicated wife, and adoring mom to her four children. I know their church family and their Classical Conversations community in Lexington will rally around these kids, and love on them as the hands and feet of Jesus. 

Please pray for comfort for Jared and Bekah, as well as Scott and Mandy's parents and families.

This is unimaginable, and my heart breaks for them. The last verse Mandy posted on her Bible study Facebook page was Proverbs 31:25, "She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come." I think that is a verse she definitely embodied. Rest In Peace, my sweet friend. 

Board footera