Women in the Word

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/08/2016 12:52 pm  #1

Introductions

My name is Stephanie, I am 44 years old and live in Indiana. I am married and we have two wonderful children, a son, who is 20 and in the coast guard, and a daughter that is turning 9 next month. I wanted to join a non facebook group. I started GMG with Deuteronomy and loved it, I am so excited about the next session. I work full time so it is really hard to find quiet time to myself daily, I do my best but thought joining a group would be a great way to help me make myself find time.

6/09/2016 4:56 pm  #2

Re: Introductions

Stephanie wrote:

My name is Stephanie, I am 44 years old and live in Indiana. I am married and we have two wonderful children, a son, who is 20 and in the coast guard, and a daughter that is turning 9 next month. I wanted to join a non facebook group. I started GMG with Deuteronomy and loved it, I am so excited about the next session. I work full time so it is really hard to find quiet time to myself daily, I do my best but thought joining a group would be a great way to help me make myself find time.

Welcome, Stephanie. I really liked Deuteronomy as well. I continue to be surprised I how really digging into passage I had previously just glossed over is really growing me.

I am glad you join us and don't give up if things get crazy. Just pick yourself up and jump back in. And above all, even if you don't have time to type out a long post, at least do your reading. Then if you have time perhaps a quick comment here would be great encouragement.

My husband and I had been unsure if we would continue to foster parent and I really thought that we were not. So, I made all types of commitments and really filled my life, then at the last minute we decided to take 3 kids, blessedly for just a week. While it was a blessing having them with us, it is very hard to parent with lots of other commitments. So, I can appreciate the challenge you face working FT and parenting.

Board footera