Women in the Word

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/02/2016 7:54 pm  #91

Re: Let's introduce oursleves.

moonwife wrote:

Greetings from the west coast. I am mom of five, mother-in-law to two and a grandma to one with one more on the way...and I'm still in my forties! Woo hoo!! Grateful to find you all, and very excited to dig into the Word with you - confident the Lord will bless our time. He is soooo good!!!   

Welcome Moonwife. It does sound like you are very blessed! Glad to have you join us.

9/05/2016 7:29 am  #92

Hello 

My name is Jillian. I am 27 years old and married all of 2 months. I am formally from NY but have now moved to NJ for my husbands job. He's been here for 2 years now, I have only been for 1. Took me an entire year to find a job out here. I have not attended church like I used to in many years, mostly because I normally work on Sundays (good ol' retail) and when I am off, I do not have the umph to get up and go by myself. 

I have been at a point in my life that I want to find my connection with God and get involved in some type of Bible study, but I have a problem with keeping up and making time. Sometimes I am just too lazy. I have not finished a craft in ages, I'm great at starting but cannot ever reach the finish line. This is with everything I do in life. And I am so done with it! I want to be successful at something in my life and I want to be happy with what I am doing. I want to do something that I love. I want a relationship with God and I want to give back my happiness to others once I have found it.

I apologize for my rant of an introduction but now you kind of know me. Thank you! 

9/05/2016 8:48 pm  #93

Hi, I have never done a bible study online before and I think it will be fun! I am 57, married 35 yrs this year with 2 children 26 and 16. I am retired from practicing as an OB/GYN because of a peripheral nerve disease. The Lord has blessed me with being able to be home with my children, the 2nd adopted from China, when life threw me a curve ball. Have a great week ladies! LoriBish

9/06/2016 7:03 am  #94

Hi, I'm 51 years old and have been married for 21 years. I have two children. My daughter just started college and my son is a junior in high school. I am struggling with the adjustment of my daughter being away at college. I've been the mom and wife that did everything for the family and now I'm struggling with this adjustment that I'm not needed as much and need to start doing some things for me, but have no idea how to do that. This will be my first time participating in a bible study on my own. My goal is to learn more about the stories in the bible so I can grow in my relationship with God. To be honest I'm a little intimidated because I don't know many of the stories in the bible yet. Thanks!

Last edited by anneyandhannah (9/06/2016 7:05 am)

9/06/2016 8:53 am  #95

montexss wrote:

Hello 

My name is Jillian. I am 27 years old and married all of 2 months. I am formally from NY but have now moved to NJ for my husbands job. He's been here for 2 years now, I have only been for 1. Took me an entire year to find a job out here. I have not attended church like I used to in many years, mostly because I normally work on Sundays (good ol' retail) and when I am off, I do not have the umph to get up and go by myself. 

I have been at a point in my life that I want to find my connection with God and get involved in some type of Bible study, but I have a problem with keeping up and making time. Sometimes I am just too lazy. I have not finished a craft in ages, I'm great at starting but cannot ever reach the finish line. This is with everything I do in life. And I am so done with it! I want to be successful at something in my life and I want to be happy with what I am doing. I want to do something that I love. I want a relationship with God and I want to give back my happiness to others once I have found it.

I apologize for my rant of an introduction but now you kind of know me. Thank you! 

Welcome Jillian, and congratulations on your new marriage. What an exciting time.

Don't freak if you get behind. Just jump in that day. If you get stressed about being behind and try to catch up, it just becomes even more of a barrier.

Also, do what you can, if you don't finish the whole chapter or can't write out a lengthy SOAK, just read something and write out one thought

At minimum read the passage and read the other input here to encourage you.

I so hear what you are saying about wanting deeper intimacy with God. For years now I have felt like God wants to take me to a deeper place in my walk with Him. I feel like I am going through the birth pangs and God wants to birth something new in my life and heart. But the labor continues and I feel like I cannot quite push out to the other side.

That is why my user name is TBG, it stands for Transformed by Grace from the passage 2 Corinthians 3:18.
And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into His image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

But Galatians 6:9 says, " Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."

So don't loose heart and be assured that He who has begun a good work in you will be faithful to complete that work. Philippians 1:6

9/06/2016 8:56 am  #96

LoriBish wrote:

Hi, I have never done a bible study online before and I think it will be fun! I am 57, married 35 yrs this year with 2 children 26 and 16. I am retired from practicing as an OB/GYN because of a peripheral nerve disease. The Lord has blessed me with being able to be home with my children, the 2nd adopted from China, when life threw me a curve ball. Have a great week ladies! LoriBish

Welcome LoriBish! I find that works best for me is to have that quiet time where I just mediate on and write out my thoughts and then come type later. That allows me to sit quiet with God and not at the computer.

That is great that you adopted. I am wrestling with foster parenting right now.

9/06/2016 9:00 am  #97

anneyandhannah wrote:

Hi, I'm 51 years old and have been married for 21 years. I have two children. My daughter just started college and my son is a junior in high school. I am struggling with the adjustment of my daughter being away at college. I've been the mom and wife that did everything for the family and now I'm struggling with this adjustment that I'm not needed as much and need to start doing some things for me, but have no idea how to do that. This will be my first time participating in a bible study on my own. My goal is to learn more about the stories in the bible so I can grow in my relationship with God. To be honest I'm a little intimidated because I don't know many of the stories in the bible yet. Thanks!

Anneyandhannah, thanks for joining us.

It is so hard to see ourselves differently and to transition. In a way, it is a type of loss, but for you it is also a beginning of so many other roads and seeing the fruit of your years of parenting with the knowledge that you were faithful to pour into your kids to the best of your ability.

Not knowing is the fun part. This program has me reading books I never gave much time to in the past, or reading books I read multiple times with fresh eyes. It is so exciting when you see things in the passage and experience God's Word.

You don't need to understand everything. The scripture interprets scripture, so as you keep being faithful to read, you will develop greater and greater understanding.

Welcome.

1/05/2017 4:21 am  #98

Hello Everyone!
My name is Karen. I am new to this group and also new to Bible studying. I am an Anglo-India born in Chennai, India and then migrated to Australia while I was a teen. I've lived all over the world working in different places in the field of Hospitality as a Hotel Manager. I have returned to Chennai and I currently live and work here. I am an Entrepreneur in the field of Training and Education. I am 44 years old and I am single and still waiting on the Lord for my future life partner. I joined Good Morning Girls in 2014 and kept following Courtney's blog and watching her videos. I've never been to a Bible study before hence I am very new at this and do not have any clue. I love the Lord Jesus with all my heart and I feel that He has lead me here to be a part of this circle. I feel a deep desire to learn God's word, understand it, discern it and apply it in my daily living. The only thing is I don't know how to study the Bible and so forth. I read the Bible but I feel incomplete since I am not sure if I am doing it correctly or understanding how to study and learn the scriptures. I am hoping that all of you will be able to teach me and help me get closer and connect deeper with God through His Holy word. I am so excited and so happy that I am here. I am looking forward with much eagerness to start the journey of studying and understanding God's word. I am also looking forward to connecting with all of you out here and learning from your experiences and shared wisdom. God bless each one of you out here on this journey of learning God's word.
Blessings and love
Karen

Board footera