Women in the Word

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/30/2017 8:06 am  #41

Re: Luke

TBG wrote:

But is this not an easy pattern to get into? I needed to trust God with my agenda and trust God’s direction. Is Jesus incapable of properly leading me? Is He going to shepherd me in the wrong direction? Can I trust His guidance?

There are some days that I struggle so much with letting the Lord direct my steps and accepting when things aren't going according to the schedule that I thought they should.  And those are the days that I turn into this cranky, crazy woman that even I don't want to be around.

3/30/2017 1:14 pm  #42

Hi Everyone!  I got caught up on my readings today and my SOAK's I will be posting once I'm home for the day.

3/30/2017 9:49 pm  #43

Luke 12

S: Luke 12:8-9    I tell you, whoever publicly acknowledges me before others, the Son of Man will also acknowledge you before the angels of God.  But he who disowns me before men will be disowned before the angels of God.

O:  Acknowledge your faith in God before others. And the Son of Man will acknowledge you,  Should I disown the son of God before others, I will be disowned

A:  God is telling me to to not afraid to publicly acknowledge him and I will in return be acknowledged by him,   Should I disown him I will also be disowned. 

K:  Lord help me to never be afraid to publicly acknowledge you, to not just remain silent about you,  I also pray that I will never publicly or anyway disown you.

3/30/2017 10:02 pm  #44

Luke 13

S: Luke 13.24   Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you will try to enter and will not be able to.

O:  Their is only one way in, and its though the narrow door

A:  I need to do all that I can to believe in my salvation in the Lord and to live my life for Jesus so that I can enter through the narrow door.

K:  Lord help me to follow you and your ways, and only you.  I strongly desire to be one of the ones who are able to enter through the narrow door.

3/30/2017 10:07 pm  #45

Luke 14: 26-27

These verses stuck out to me but I'm unable to come up with an observation/application I'm open to anyones insights!

S:  If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, Wife and Children, brothers and sisters, yes even their own life.  Such a person cannot be my disciple.  And whomever does not carry their own cross and follow me cannon be my disciple.

O:????

A:????

K:  Lord I know you are trying to say or point something out to me by my ignorance is getting the better of me.  Please Holy Spirit give the the understanding of these verses as my desire is to follow and to take up my cross.

3/31/2017 9:13 am  #46

Michelle wrote:

TBG wrote:

But is this not an easy pattern to get into? I needed to trust God with my agenda and trust God’s direction. Is Jesus incapable of properly leading me? Is He going to shepherd me in the wrong direction? Can I trust His guidance?

There are some days that I struggle so much with letting the Lord direct my steps and accepting when things aren't going according to the schedule that I thought they should.  And those are the days that I turn into this cranky, crazy woman that even I don't want to be around.

Ha-ha, so true! So far, so good. I am really trying to learn the lessons God has for me and just embrace this. The kids are sweet kids, but just a handful because of lack of training and proper nutrition. I am trying to enjoy how precious they are and appreciate all the great aspects of their personality and as far as the behaviors go, patiently learn and continue to develop my parenting skills and stretch myself.

3/31/2017 9:17 am  #47

KimberlyP77 wrote:

Luke 14: 26-27

These verses stuck out to me but I'm unable to come up with an observation/application I'm open to anyones insights!

S:  If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, Wife and Children, brothers and sisters, yes even their own life.  Such a person cannot be my disciple.  And whomever does not carry their own cross and follow me cannon be my disciple.

O:????

A:????

K:  Lord I know you are trying to say or point something out to me by my ignorance is getting the better of me.  Please Holy Spirit give the the understanding of these verses as my desire is to follow and to take up my cross.

Those are challenging verses. I had to spend some time in study around them. You can find my thoughts in this post
http://womenintheword.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=1660#p1660

3/31/2017 9:42 am  #48

Luke 15

15:4-7 "What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he has lost one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the open country, and go after the one that is lost, until he finds it? And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and his neighbors, saying to them, 'Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep that was lost.' Just so, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance.

Observation
There were already 99 good and safe sheep, yet the Shepherd left them and went to look for the one that was lost.

Application
You know I spend all of my time with my believing friends. I am blessed to have such a wonderful faith community. But, I need to leave my believing friends and go out and find the lost and bring them into God’s fold. I posted last year about how I wanted to reach out more to my neighbors, but I did not. Not because of lack of desire, but I allowed myself to not have the time.

So, second round here. I will make this a goal again and with warm weather coming up, I may try to invite more over.

15:18-19 I will arise and go to my father, and I will say to him, "Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son. Treat me as one of your hired servants."'

O: The son understood that he was not worthy; he was humble; he recognized his lack of worthiness and far away he was from righteousness. He only asked for a bit of mercy; he did not even ask for grace.

A: This has to be the attitude for those that want to repent. It is not enough to say I am sorry for the consequences of my sin, or I am sorry, now I want all the good things.

15:20 And he arose and came to his father. But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and felt compassion, and ran and embraced him and kissed him.
15:22-24 But the father said to his servants, 'Bring quickly the best robe, and put it on him, and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet. And bring the fattened calf and kill it, and let us eat and celebrate. For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found.' And they began to celebrate.

O: The father was really wronged here. The kid made his probably sell off his assets and give half to him and then spent all of it on debased living. The father was wronged financially and humiliated publicly. There was no way the son could make up for this or pay back his debt.

Yet, the father responded with compassion and immediately forgave him and did not hold it over him. Then he gave him even more good and kind things.

A: What a beautiful picture of God. We have seriously wronged God and can never repay the debt we owe Him. We deserve to be punished. Yet, He responds with grace and gives us far more than we could ever merit or deserve.

4/02/2017 12:29 pm  #49

Luke 15

S: “Just so, I tell you, there is joy before the angels of God over one sinner who repents.” 15:10

O: “God will delight to show them mercy, will reckon their conversion a return for all the expense He has been at upon them,” Matthew Henry.

A: If God rejoices in a person repenting and being saved, shouldn’t we?  And if it brings such joy to God shouldn’t it be something that I long to see happen more?  And, if I long to see it happen more, shouldn’t I look for opportunities to tell others about God?  And if I’m looking for opportunities to tell people about Him, shouldn’t I live my life in a way that reflects Him?

4/02/2017 5:37 pm  #50

Week of April 3
This Week’s Reading Assignment

Post your input below this post.
S.O.A.K. any verse of your choosing.

Monday
Reading: Luke 16
Verse of the Day: Luke 16:13
Good Morning Girls: Introduction to the Week
Optional GMG Discussion Question: Many say that they love God but they spend their lives sacrificing to get more money. This is not about the size of our bank accounts but about the condition of our hearts. A poor greedy, jealous person may serve money more than a rich grateful, generous person. God knows the truth about our hearts by what we do with our money, in secret.
Are you tempted to serve money? In what ways and how do you overcome it?

Tuesday
Reading: Luke 17
Verse of the Day: Luke 17:6
Optional GMG Discussion Question: Jesus tells the apostles, if they had faith the size of a mustard seed, they could uproot a mulberry tree. A mulberry tree has deep and strong roots and a mustard seed is tiny. Jesus says this right after telling the disciples to forgive offenses done to them. Many times, relational wounds run deep. Through faith – God can restore relationships. It’s not about the size of our problem or our faith but the size of our great God.
In what area of your life, do you need to increase your faith today?

Wednesday
Reading: Luke 18
Verse of the Day: Luke 18:1
Optional GMG Discussion Question: The persistent prayer of the widow is an example of how we must continue to pray and not give up. God does not delay in answering because He is waiting to be changed but because He is doing a changing work inside of us. God is good and He wants us to pray to Him day and night.
Are you discouraged in your prayer life right now? Have you given up or given only minimal time to prayer? There is power in prayer! What has God laid on your heart, that you should be praying more for?

Thursday
Reading: Luke 19
Verse of the Day: Luke 19:10
Optional GMG Discussion Question: Jesus came to seek and save the lost. Jesus came to seek and to save you! This is the heart of the gospel.
How long have you been saved? Never let the excitement of this truth and the passionate love God has for you, grow cold. Reflect on the fact that Jesus knows YOUR name. How does this make you feel?

Friday
Reading: Luke 20
Verse of the Day: Luke 20:24
Good Morning Girls: Devotional and Video
Optional GMG Discussion Question: Everything belongs to God but Jesus recognized the authority of the government. When the government does not oppose God’s commands, we are to obey.
We all have a dual citizenship. We are citizens of the country we live in and citizens of heaven. How does this truth make a difference in your life?

Last edited by TBG (4/09/2017 7:28 pm)

Board footera