Women in the Word

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/15/2014 3:42 am  #21

Re: Psalms

Psalm 15

"Who may worship in your sanctuary, LORD? Who may enter your presence on your holy hill? Those who lead blameless lives and do what is right, speaking the truth from sincere hearts. Those who refuse to gossip or harm their neighbors or speak evil of their friends. Those who despise flagrant sinners, and honor the faithful followers of the LORD, and keep their promises even when it hurts. Those who lend money without charging interest, and who cannot be bribed to lie about the innocent. Such people will stand firm forever. (‭Psalms‬ ‭15‬:‭1-5‬ NLT)"

This passage really speaks to me. It sums up how we should live our daily lives in such a short scripture. Bare bones. This is what it is. It makes me mindful about gossip as well keeping promises and doing what's right even when its uncomfortable or i don't feel like it.

Father, help us live David's words in psalm 15 so that we may be an example for others at work, at Home and with our friends.

12/23/2014 4:14 am  #22

Psalm 17

You have tested my thoughts and examined my heart in the night. You have scrutinized me and found nothing wrong. I am determined not to sin in what I say. (‭Psalms‬ ‭17‬:‭3‬ NLT)

I love the passage you have tested my thoughts and examined my heart in the night.  It helps me remember to mind my thoughts, for those thoughts turn into spoken words.

God, help us to think pure and lovely thoughts no matter what is going on.

12/29/2014 3:56 am  #23

Psalm 18

This is such a great song of praise from David to remember when we are delivered from challenging situations especially when we feel like we have honored God with our thoughts, faith and attitude.

12/29/2014 4:01 pm  #24

itsjenniferrose,

Thank you for being dilligent in staying in the word.  I loved reading your insights.  And, yes, Psalms is so full of encouragement to remind us to praise, serve and honor God.

Board footera