Women in the Word

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/23/2015 2:36 am  #11

Re: Weekly Discussion: Exodus Chapters 31-35

Exodus 33

S - The LORD said to Moses, “Get going, you and the people you brought up from the land of Egypt. Go up to the land I swore to give to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. I told them, ‘I will give this land to your descendants.’ And I will send an angel before you to drive out the Canaanites, Amorites, Hittites, Perizzites, Hivites, and Jebusites. Go up to this land that flows with milk and honey. But I will not travel among you, for you are a stubborn and rebellious people. If I did, I would surely destroy you along the way.” (‭Exodus‬ ‭33‬:‭1-3‬ NLT

O - God is saying I'll tell you where to go but I won't lead or guide you there because you don't follow my directions or guidance. 

A - sometimes when we are doing our own thing, it can feel like the wilderness and a constant chase to get to where we need to be.  On the other hand, when we let God direct our paths and focus on what's important, leaning not on our own understanding...we can enjoy the journey and not feel lost

K - God helps us to follow your commandments and trust in your direction of our lives to get us to the place(s) we want to be in every area of our lives.

2/23/2015 2:54 am  #12

Exodus 34

The LORD passed in front of Moses, calling out, “Yahweh! The LORD! The God of compassion and mercy! I am slow to anger and filled with unfailing love and faithfulness. I lavish unfailing love to a thousand generations. I forgive iniquity, rebellion, and sin. But I do not excuse the guilty. I lay the sins of the parents upon their children and grandchildren; the entire family is affected— even children in the third and fourth generations.”(‭Exodus‬ ‭34‬:‭6-7 NLT)

Thoughts
How amazing is that for God to show up in front of Moses and speak of his love and grace for us. I pray to be more like this in my everyday life with co workers, my boyfriend, friends, etc..slow to anger, compassionate, filled with love..

When Moses came down Mount Sinai carrying the two stone tablets inscribed with the terms of the covenant, he wasn’t aware that his face had become radiant because he had spoken to the LORD. (‭Exodus‬ ‭34‬:‭29‬ NLT)

Thoughts 
Thank god we have access to the lord through Jesus Christ  whenever we want. And anytime we pray or talk with God we should always be radiant, letting God''s light shine within us and through us.

2/23/2015 8:15 am  #13

itsjenniferrose wrote:

Exodus 33
A - sometimes when we are doing our own thing, it can feel like the wilderness and a constant chase to get to where we need to be. On the other hand, when we let God direct our paths and focus on what's important, leaning not on our own understanding...we can enjoy the journey and not feel lost.

This is so true. It is so hard for us to just really submit to and surrender to God and let Him do His thing. We have to take the reigns and lead ourselves.

Board footera