Women in the Word

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/28/2015 12:52 pm  #141

Re: Proverbs

Proverbs 31:15-18

Observations
She is not lazy and does not lay around all morning. She also looks for ways to make good financial decisions for her family – invested, earned profits and created value.

Application
I can definitely work on being more organized, efficient and focused on getting things done. And, stop allowing so many time wasters. It is good and fine to have a break, but I could do better with weeding out the time wasters.

Also, I do plan next summer to start a very large garden and plant some fruit trees and vines. I want to grow a large amount of healthy, fresh produce for my family. So, that is my dream for now.

And for those who have not read through all the introductions, I am also starting to take in foster kids and we may possible adopt one or so. So, this is kind of where my heart is right now.

7/28/2015 2:51 pm  #142

"She girds herself with strength,
And strengthens her arms."

I think it is important for women to be mentally, physically, and spiritually strong. I have been disciplined this summer with exercise and health. I feel so much better now that I can lift more and have strength.

Discussion: Dreams, literally I dream all the time. And together with my husband we have so many goals, visions, and ideas we want to accomplish together. The latest dream we have discussed is wanting to help the Homeless. We want to buy property and provide a way for people that are less fortunate to live there. I think this dream will take some time. But I believe God placed it in both mine and my husband's heart. I wrote a blog post on the topic of dreams; it is one of my favorite posts. If you have time, check it out: Dreams

Theresnoplacelike Home

Last edited by Theresnoplacelike Home (7/28/2015 2:51 pm)

7/29/2015 8:05 am  #143

Proverbs 31:19-22

Proverbs 31:20 “She extends her hand to the poor, Yes, she reaches out her hands to the needy.” NKJV

From the ebook, “her life was one of active service to our Lord and that she did have beautiful hands because they did beautiful things for His glory.”

I love that. I want my hands to be working to do things for the glory of God and for His kingdom.  

I am going to take on the challenge of asking myself if I am working "faithfully with my hands in my daily life as an act of worship to my Lord"

I Thessalonians 4:11 says,
Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business, and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anyone.”

Last edited by TBG (7/29/2015 8:05 am)

7/30/2015 12:22 am  #144

Psalm 31:15-22

I love the Proverbs 31 woman!

In these verses you notice the woman is the following:

Energetic
Driven
Ambitious
Earner
Investor
Philanthropist/giver
Fearless
Creative

Aren't those such wonderful things?

7/30/2015 8:38 am  #145

Proverbs 31:23-26 
31:25-26 Strength and honor are her clothing; She shall rejoice in time to come. She opens her mouth with wisdom, and on her tongue is the law of kindness.

I should wrap myself in strength and honor – this is what she shows to the world.

From Matthew Henry: She enjoys a firmness and constancy of mind, has spirit to bear up under the many crosses and disappointments which even the wise and virtuous must expect to meet with in this world. She deals honorably with all, and she has the pleasure of doing so.

Things are challenging in the world and even when things are going smoothly, we still need strength. I like this as a call to be strong physically and mentally in facing things, to always act with honor not just in my actions but in my motives, to be wise in my speech, and to always have kindness on my tongue.

From the ebook: God has clothed you in His strength. Do not exchange your clothes for the rags this world offers!

I like that reminder to not exchange the strength of the Lord for the rags of this world. Wow, powerful.

The ebook also reminded me that the people that we get impatient with or speak harshly too are also just tired struggling people trying to make their way in the world. And we really need to practice self control with our emotions.

7/31/2015 6:47 am  #146

Proverbs 31:27-31
Proverbs 31:30 Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised. Give her of the fruit of her hands, and let her works praise her in the gates.

I want to have true value not from my outward beauty, but because I am a woman of God and a woman who fears God. I want to generate godly fruit in my life. I want to focus and get my value from being a woman of character.

8/02/2015 12:26 am  #147

Scripture
“She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future. When she speaks, her words are wise, and she gives instructions with kindness.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭31:25-26‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/pro.31.25-26.nlt

Application
Im striving to be like this everyday. Jovial and light without fear or anxiousness. And only speaking words of wisdom and kindness.

8/02/2015 12:29 am  #148

I love this analysis. Really powerful. And we are all just doing the best we can.

TBG wrote:

Proverbs 31:23-26 
31:25-26 Strength and honor are her clothing; She shall rejoice in time to come. She opens her mouth with wisdom, and on her tongue is the law of kindness.

I should wrap myself in strength and honor – this is what she shows to the world.

From Matthew Henry: She enjoys a firmness and constancy of mind, has spirit to bear up under the many crosses and disappointments which even the wise and virtuous must expect to meet with in this world. She deals honorably with all, and she has the pleasure of doing so.

Things are challenging in the world and even when things are going smoothly, we still need strength. I like this as a call to be strong physically and mentally in facing things, to always act with honor not just in my actions but in my motives, to be wise in my speech, and to always have kindness on my tongue.

From the ebook: God has clothed you in His strength. Do not exchange your clothes for the rags this world offers!

I like that reminder to not exchange the strength of the Lord for the rags of this world. Wow, powerful.

The ebook also reminded me that the people that we get impatient with or speak harshly too are also just tired struggling people trying to make their way in the world. And we really need to practice self control with our emotions.

Board footera