Women in the Word

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/08/2015 2:08 pm  #11

Re: Acts

SandraW wrote:

=13pxToday, my SOAK verse just happened to be the same as the votd.  I usually read the chapter first and see what scripture The Lord will have me meditate on. Sometimes it is the same as what is posted or what others are posting and sometimes it is an entirely different scripture verse. Yesterday, it was different than what most were posting.  Today, it was the same as the verse of the day, but not necessarily what others are posting. At first, yesterday, I felt like the odd ball. Like why are so many posting about one scripture and I felt led to this one?  But then, I remembered seeing on GMG that everyone's SOAKS and Bible Colorings will look different and that's perfectly ok.  

Yes, we have always just shared whatever God is showing us. As you will even notice from my post, sometimes they are several different things. So, the Bible is so rich and there is so much to see in each chapter the fun and encouraging part is hearing about all the different things God has revealed to each of us.

SandraW wrote:

S-  And it shall come to pass that everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Acts 2:21

A- How can I apply this scripture to my life?  First, I can remember that when I fail God, all I need to do is go to him in prayer and ask His forgiveness and know that He will forgive me. I can also help to spread the good news of this scripture to those around me.   

Yes, that verse is so encouraging to me. It makes me feel so loved and accepted and forgiven.  It also ties into verse 39: For the promise is for you and for your children and for all who are far off, everyone whom the Lord our God calls to himself."

No matter how far we are God is calling us to Himself. How beautiful to think that He loves us that much.

9/08/2015 10:21 pm  #12

“ Then they prayed, “Lord, you know everyone’s heart. Show us which of these two you have chosen… Then they cast lots, and the lot fell to Matthias; so he was added to the eleven apostles.”
 (Acts 1: 24-25)

Awesome! I love the encouragement in these simple verses. They prayed that God would anoint the next disciple. Then, they cast lots—a common practice at that time. They knew that God was the one who would chose his new leader. It helps when we go into the world to know that our bosses and church leaders were chosen not by men but by God. Although they may stumble, they are capable and deserve our respect. They also need our prayers because just like Judas they can also fall.

Theresnoplacelike Home

Last edited by Theresnoplacelike Home (9/08/2015 10:21 pm)

9/09/2015 12:52 am  #13

Acts 1

Scripture
“They nominated two: Joseph Barsabbas, nicknamed Justus, and Matthias. Then they prayed, “You, O God, know every one of us inside and out. Make plain which of these two men you choose to take the place in this ministry and leadership that Judas threw away in order to go his own way.” They then drew straws. Matthias won and was counted in with the eleven apostles.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭1:23-26‬ ‭MSG‬‬
http://bible.com/97/act.1.23-26.msg

obeservation
I love this prayer. It's a reminder God knows who we are at our core. And then he asks God to order their steps and provide direction.

Application
We must always make God apart of our decision making. And not base it on what we think and how we feel. It's a great example for how to rely God for those questions that really plague us. 

prayer
God, we lay all of our big questions at your feet...letting go of worry...and allowing your direction to get through to us.

Last edited by itsjenniferrose (9/09/2015 1:08 am)

9/09/2015 12:56 am  #14

I don't do this enough. I need to be more ACTIVE in my trusting of God

esuzannah wrote:

I don't really have an answer to the question provided, but I am so drawn to verse 5 and the power there. Do I realize this power? Do I trust it? Do I seek it, rely on it? So often I trust in my own perceived power when I would get so much further if I trust in the power that He has put in me.

9/09/2015 1:08 am  #15

Acts 2

These scriptures struck me the most. What great Power God gives us.

“‘In the last days,’ God says, ‘I will pour out my Spirit upon all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy. Your young men will see visions, and your old men will dream dreams.

King David said this about him: ‘I see that the LORD is always with me. I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me. No wonder my heart is glad, and my tongue shouts his praises! My body rests in hope.

For David himself never ascended into heaven, yet he said, ‘The LORD said to my Lord, “Sit in the place of honor at my right hand

And all the believers met together in one place and shared everything they had.”
‭‭Acts of the Apostles‬ ‭2:17, 25-26, 34, 44‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/act.2.17,25-26,34,44.nlt

9/09/2015 5:47 am  #16

Today in Acts 3 verses 9 &10 is where I was drawn to...application questions for myself: are people filled with wonder at what God has done and is doing in my life? Do I praise Him enough? Do I give Him the credit for all the good in me? I think that I need to be walking and leaping and praising God a whole lot more...and that is also how I would answer the question for today because my action are going to say more to people then anything I can say to them.

Praying you all have a blessed day!!

9/09/2015 6:50 am  #17

esuzannah wrote:

Today in Acts 3 verses 9 &10 is where I was drawn to...application questions for myself: are people filled with wonder at what God has done and is doing in my life? Do I praise Him enough? Do I give Him the credit for all the good in me? I think that I need to be walking and leaping and praising God a whole lot more...and that is also how I would answer the question for today because my action are going to say more to people then anything I can say to them.

esuzannah wrote:

I was drawn to that as well. I like your response. That God really does do so much in our lives, but do we really get how amazing it is what He has done? Do we really accept it with wonder? Do we explode in praise to Him?

I especially agree with this: "I think that I need to be walking and leaping and praising God a whole lot more"

In what ways can we apply this to those we come in contact with?
I think we need to make sure that we don’t take credit. When people see how we handle trials, when they see good things happen in our lives, or when they see our talents and abilities we need to make sure that we tell them it is God in us that has done this and not anything in us, but His power and presence in our lives.

9/09/2015 7:08 am  #18

Welcome back itsjenniferrose and Theresnoplacelike Home. I always appreciate both of your input and glad to see you back on the boards.

Acts 3

Acts 3:6 But Peter said, "I have no silver and gold, but what I do have I give to you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk!"

Interesting for me because of work I did years ago many of the homeless we worked with (not all) did not want help getting a job or did not even want to enter treatment to kick alcohol and drug addiction. So, I had an attitude of why bother because if they don’t want help I won’t waste my help.

However, our church has been doing a big push about really making a difference in our communities, challenging us to spend less on all the consumer goods and luxuries to work less for high-end lifestyles and to prioritize using our time and money to serve others.

Specifically we have a ministry focused on the homeless. It made me realize that if we reached just one, just one, would not the effort be worth it? And, even if all of them refuse to make changes and refuse long-term help, it is still a witness to the world and to them for Christ.

We are called to witness even when people will not accept it. So, by continuing to be passionate about the homeless (even those who by there own actions and choices will not get better), it is a chance for them to see God’s love and maybe motivate them to change. It is a chance to be a witness to the world, and it is a witness to the homeless person regardless of if they accept it.

So, I am starting every third Sunday to help a group of folks from my church prepare and serve meals.

19 Repent therefore, and turn again, that your sins may be blotted out, 20 that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord

God is not a kill joy. He says to repent not so He can control us or punish us and prevent us from having fun. He says to repent to (1) remove our sins permanently, (2) refresh us (3) allow us to be in His presence and for His presence to restore us and bring us freshness, vitality, and energy.

He longs to give us good gifts, but we would rather hold onto our worldly behaviors and pleasures.

9/09/2015 11:04 pm  #19

“Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord”   (Acts 3: 19)

I am reminded of this simple truth. That we all need a Savior. That we all have fallen short of the glory of God. I know that I am washed by reading the word of God that renews my mind. I am seeking the refilling of the Holy Spirit. I think that just like the apostles that were able to heal a lame man miracles still occur. I am not the person I was ten years ago, a week ago, or even a day. But I strive to be a good person who can turn, repent, and receive the filling and empowering of the Holy Ghost. I know when I am weak He is strong. It is a process but I am willing to begin again. Praying that “he who began a good work in me would be faithful to complete it.”   Have  a blessed day,

Theresnoplacelike Home

9/09/2015 11:06 pm  #20

itsjenniferrose wrote:

Acts 2

These scriptures struck me the most. What great Power God gives us.

“‘In the last days,’ God says, ‘I will pour out my Spirit upon all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy. Your young men will see visions, and your old men will dream dreams.

King David said this about him: ‘I see that the LORD is always with me. I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me. No wonder my heart is glad, and my tongue shouts his praises! My body rests in hope.

For David himself never ascended into heaven, yet he said, ‘The LORD said to my Lord, “Sit in the place of honor at my right hand

And all the believers met together in one place and shared everything they had.”
‭‭Acts of the Apostles‬ ‭2:17, 25-26, 34, 44‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/act.2.17,25-26,34,44.nlt

I love this! Thank you for sharing

Board footera